A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Pittman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Pittman is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pittman
Colonoscopy Patient Education Guide Read all about colonoscopy examinations and tests with Vitals colonoscopy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Pittman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Pittman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Pittman graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Pittman has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Nash Hospitals
- Nash General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William B Pittman MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. William B. Pittman practice?
- Dr. William Pittman has 4 office locations.
Dr. William Pittman practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Rocky Mount, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Nashville, NC and Louisburg, NC.
See Rocky Mount Internists and Rocky Mount Gastroenterologists.