A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Smith, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio.
Dr. Smith has 7 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
- Kenner Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William B. Smith practice?
Dr. William Smith practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nephrology near New Orleans, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Knoxville, TN.
See New Orleans Internists, New Orleans Cardiologists, and New Orleans Nephrologists.