A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Smith, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio.
Dr. Smith has 7 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Tennessee Memorial Hospital
- Kenner Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Benjamin Smith MD is a male Internist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nephrology.
- Where does Dr. William B. Smith practice?
- Dr. William Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. William Smith practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nephrology near New Orleans, LA.
See New Orleans Internists, New Orleans Cardiologists, and New Orleans Nephrologists.