Dr. William Barrick MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2017
Great Doc!
Had complex spine surgery. Very caring , expert surgeon. Great result Hospital was great too Saved my life!!!

July 12th, 2016
was told to get surgery just wasn't ready.

March 3rd, 2016
Everyone keeps mentioning that he doesn't make eye contact, but have you realize he might have a problem? This is what I heard. And I never had a problem with it

March 1st, 2016
Recently saw Dr Barrick for a second opinion. He had done work on me previously and I was very satisfied with his work, and I trust his judgement. He spent a fair amount of time with me, did a thorough examination and had a lot of notes written down. He is a busy man, but I believe that he devotes 100% attention to each case. He's not there to chat, he's there to provide medical care. We are fortunate to have such a dedicated, and capable spine surgeon in this area.

February 9th, 2016
Always runs an hour wait time. Arrogant does not support pts wiith disability wish he felt my pain. Excellent surgeon exceptional staff . no personality level with patient and absolutely no bedside manner unless. In the or.

January 18th, 2016
Arrogant, rude, irritated by any questions asked and gave a completely incorrect diagnosis..several actually. I trusted my instincts and took my daughter for a second opinion partly due to the refusal of the practice to speak to another dr and found out all of his diagnosis was wrong!

September 30th, 2015
A self centered person, very much in love with himself. Tells it like it is in a rude manner not a man I would recommend to anyone. Two hours late for my appointment that took him eight minutes

September 10th, 2015
Dr. Barrick bedside manner is not great but I respect his brashness, he will tell you like it is. His staff was very respectful and nice. haven1t had a fallowup or surgery yet but all reserch has told me that his diagnosis is right on

May 28th, 2015
"Why did you fall down the stairs?"
The doctor actually asked me "Why did you fall down the stairs?". He liked to speak and does not wait for your complete response. NO REGARD for the pain that a patient is going through. Prescribed anti-inflammatory pills that do not help the pain. Pre-visit questionnaire was not relevant to my problem. One question was "Did you have a happy childhood?" SERIOUSLY? 15 day wait for my first appointment with "pain management specialist" - a physician's assistant. "Fast-Food Medicine."

October 5th, 2014
A Nightmare!!!
Arrogant, condescending, pompous, and incompetent, and these are his good qualities. Dr. Barrick is the kind of doctor that you pray you're never unlucky enough to find yourself being his patient. His horrible personality is only surpassed by his incompetency as a surgeon. He performed spinal fusion and a laminectomy on me. Six weeks post-op, I was experiencing excrutiating pain, worse than before the surgery. After lecturing me about his unwillingness to continue to prescribe pain medication, he reluctantly ordered a new MRI which he claimed showed a cyst supposedly had developed, which he now proposed to subject me to epidural injections. Mind you, this is POST-OP...I sought a 2nd opinion from a surgeon in NYC, who immediately sent me to the E.R. where an emergency surgery had to be performed to correct the botched surgery that Dr. Barrick had done 6 weeks earlier. All of the screws were completely loose and the bone was stripped so that no Fusion was possible. All his hardware had to be removed and replaced with the correct size screws, etc. Trust me, I regret to this day having not went to NYC for this type of surgery rather than opting for the convenience of a local surgeon who was in my opinion, not qualified. His bedside manner is by far the worst I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing. He genuinely does not care about the pain that his patients are going through. While speaking to him, he is literally walking out of the room while you're talking to the back of his head. Trust me, avoid this doctor at all costs. I wish I had researched him online before he operated on me. His patient reviews are unbelievably negative and there's a good reason for that. This doctor is a NIGHTMARE!!

March 21st, 2014
Stay away
When my son broke his foot I was told that Dr.Barrick was a foot specialist. He was very quick with us in his office but told us that by having surgery his foot would be fine. It was only after that I found out that he is not a foot Doctor but he is a back specialist. My son is in pain every day and dr. Barrick is of no help. He told my child that he would just have to live with being in pain everyday. We have seen other doctors to try to help my son. We have found out that the surgery that my son had made his foot worse. Dr. Barrick has no time for you and could care less about people. I would stay away from this man!

August 25th, 2013
I would never recommend this man for anything. He is the worse Dr. I have ever had the misfortune to see. His examination of me was one of the most painful experience of my life. Clearly my pain was not felt by Dr Barrick. I see from other reviews my experience is just the norm for Dr. Barrick. I wish I had read his reviews before I ever let him touch me. If I could have given him a zero rating I would have.