Pediatrician, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Pediatric Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
Jul 23rd, 2012

He was the most wonderful, caring and intuitive doctor I have ever met. Loved the fact that he could calm a scared family, that he addressed the child as well as the parents - I can't say enough about how much I appreciated him, his wisdom, his bedside manner and his smile. I don't know why he had to leave us so soon, except I really came to understand the phrase "only the good die young" when we lost him. Irreplaceable to this day.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

He was the first doctor who ever explained to both my child and I what was happening to his little body. He was the friendliest doctor I had ever met. He went out of his way to get an another specialist to see my son, Even though the other dr. did not take our insurance. dr. belknap got him to see my son anyway. Above and beyond!!

by Karri on Feb 27th, 2011

So sad to hear of Dr. Belknaps passing :( my son has been going to see him his entire life even though he is 5. Dr. Belknap had the best bedside manner I have ever seen!! He was someone who chose the right profession in PEDS! He knew how to comfort a scared child/parent and explain everything and care about what he was talking about!! He loved to teach and have parents understand what exactly was going on inside these little bodies. He was a great Dr and will be missed dearly throughout his profession!! Thoughts and prayers go out to all!

|  Awsome!!  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

Dr. Belknap went above and beyond with my 5 yr old daughter. HE explained every to me and broke it down to a 5 yrs old level she she could understand whats going on.

Jan 11th, 2011

Dr. Belnap is wonderful and highly recommended. My daughter has seen him for five years and I have recommended him numerous times. He is thorough and we never feel rushed during our appointments.

|  Aweful  |  show details
by Cathy on Nov 17th, 2010

I have had the expierence of Waiting over an hour for him and than I was 20 mins late and no one was in there waiting to be seen and he made me reschedule even though he knew my son was very sick . I had called prior to talk to him and he had someone else call me and to just tell me to up the meds . Took over a month to see him and than tells me to reschedule ..I will NEVER GO BACK THERE !!!I begged to receptionist to have him at least come talk to me real quick and he wouldnt even bother ....that is just mind boggeling to me so don waste your time there !!

|  MOST IMMATURE DOCTOR EVER  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2010

Bad. Just REALLY bad. Don't go to him. My daughter was terrified of him after the first appointment and after we had a scope done, we stop going to him. He was so rude, and not to mention we were running about five hours behind the day of her scope. After him we went to several other pediactric gastroenternologists, and still no answers. There being such a shortage of pediactric gastroenternologists in the area, we decided going back to him was our only option. I called his office, and apparently he has a rule that if you go to see any other gastroenternologist after him, he can't see you again. He didn't care that my daughter could only drink protien shakes at the time, because she'd throw up with any other food. He didn't care she wasn't getting any sleep because of her acid reflux. He didn't care that she wouldn't even be able to attend school. All because of his stupid and immature rule about not seeing any patients after they see any other gastroenternologist, we had to go to our general practioner for everything she needed and for everything we needed to find out (don't get me wrong, our general practioner is great, but he's not a gastroenternologist- all he could do was do the best he could in an area he wasn't trained in). Thank goodness we finally found a doctor at the children's hospital who worked wonders and figured out she had also had IBS along with her already known acid reflux and lactose intolerance. If you do go see him, which I HIGHLY recommend you don't, don't let him "check for sores". It's one of the most invassive things a doctor could do to a child and my daughter was terrified afterwards. Don't listen to him when he says it's "just regulations" that "he has to." Instead, insist that you or your child tell him whether or not they have sores. Don't let him check for them- it's just unnecessary. Every other doctor we've seen after him hasn't had to. DON'T GO TO SEE THIS DOCTOR. HE'S SO TERRIBLE.

|  SECOND OPINION KICKED OUT??  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2010

horrible doctor, went for second opinion told us to leave!! worst doctor selfish and rude

|  Very caring  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2010

Dr. Belknap is a great doctor. I would highly recommend him.

|  Poor bedside manners.  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2010

Waited almost 2 hours for my toddler to be seen. Then when he had a procedure at the hospital the Dr. rudely walked out of the room when asked questions and said he did not have time to deal with us even after he was also late for the procedure. Very rude would never recommend Dr. Belknap to anyone.

|  Will not Schedule Sibling Appts the same day - No exceptions  |  show details
by Nicole Smith - Lake Orion on Mar 22nd, 2010

I made an appt with Dr. Belknap for both my kids. I was told that they do NOT do sibling appts on the same day due to if they were a no show, then the doctor would be "free" for that time. Meaning no money would be coming in. My oldest son had a scope done by Dr. Belknap and my other son was diagnosed as having Acid Reflex. Both need follow ups in 5 months and they refused to set the appts on the same day even hours apart. The office Manager Jacki said that she asked the doctor and he said that he was UNWILLING to make an exception. She then asked me if I wanted my charts sent to my house. I guess they don't care about the patients...

|  A Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2009

Your The bestttttttttttttttttt!

|  Dr. Belknap is wonderful - highly recommended  |  show details
by mak on Apr 29th, 2009

My son had milk intollerance colitis as a newborn and constantly spit up and had skin issues. Dr. Belknap patiently listened to our questions and thoroughly explained the problems and made some wonderful suggestions that no one had told us about. I would highly recommend him.

|  Great doctor and office staff!  |  show details
by JCStaniec at Citysearch on Jun 18th, 2008 on citysearch.com

My child has seen Dr. Belknap 3 times now 2 routine office visits and an endoscopycolonoscopy at Childrens Hospital. During all visits Dr. Belknap seemed to genuinely care about my concerns and the health of my child. The office staff has been patient and understanding with me during each phone call that I have made to them. Both he and his staff have great communication skills always explaining things in English not doctor speak. Appointments are hard to get sometimes the soonest is 3 or 4 months down the road. Given his reputation and skills it is easy to see why. I am glad I waited and didnt move to another doctor for convenience. Take the appointment they have available and then ask to be put on a waiting list for cancellations.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
by JCStaniec on Jun 18th, 2008 on citysearch.com

My child has seen Dr. Belknap 3 times now; 2 routine office visits and an endoscopy/colonoscopy at Children?s Hospital. During all visits Dr. Belknap seemed to genuinely care about my concerns and the health of my child. The office staff has been patient

Read Full Review at citysearch.com