Dr. William Bender MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 2nd, 2016
Run fast
He is rude and not very knowledgable. I am glad i decided to seek second opinions from someone else.

August 1st, 2016
I experienced sever muscle deteriation and went off a statin drug. I continued to loose weight and could not get out of a chair or walk past the end of the block. I had seen three doctors one a neurologist during the course of five months. Dr. Bender diagnosed it as Statin caused autoimmune myopathy which is very rare. He had been to a conference I believe at John Hopkins. I have completely recoverd as he predicted. This diagnosis has allowed me to qualify for a new colesteral drug called praluent.

October 11th, 2015
Not really any diagnosis or fact finding, just what medicine did we want to start with

May 4th, 2014
worst doctor and office staff EVER
I wish I would have researched doctors instead of just letting my FP refer me to someone in their "group". After waiting nearly 2 months for an appointment, I showed up a half an hour early to my appointment. I have been having debilitating migraines with no rhyme or reason and every symptom possible accompanying them. When they finally took me into the room, 25 minutes past my appointment time; the MA was rude and cold (like the rest of the staff). She stayed there for approximately 1.5 minutes asking me questions that were answered on the huge packet that I filled out for them ahead of time. Finally, "Dr." Bender came in. What an awful human being. He would ask me questions (again, every thing the MA just asked, and everything that was already answered in the packet), then when I would answer him; he would repeat everything I just said in a demeaning, unbelieving fashion. He also seemed to have some weird agenda about me being a single mom and was beginning to insinuate that that was where my problems are stemming from!!! Do NOT go to this office. You will regret your waste of time. This was the first time in my entire life that I got up and walked out before the appointment was over and left him sitting there to brew over his arrogant cold self. The receptionists had taken my copay prior to the doctor even seeing me, so now I need to call my credit card company to get that back and call my insurance to make sure that they don't try to bill then for my three minute "visit". If it let me submit zero stars, I would, but you have to choose at least one for our to accept the review.

January 23rd, 2014
Staff is rude!
I had a fairly decent experience with the doctor. He saw me a fewtimes for migraines and was able to get me on a decent treatment. However I had a terrible experience with his staff. Cold, uncaring, and rude I even got hung up on. I was just trying to get some information. I will never go back.

August 23rd, 2013
Arrogant and uncaring Physician
I have fibromyalgia. It was diagnosed by two different rheumatologist and also my the doctor who is now my internist. The initial diagnosis was made over 25 years ago. I am now 57 yrs. old. I have never let it have any control over my life and I have never missed a day of work because of the pain that it causes me. That has been a very difficult and painful task for me. I have every symptom known to fibromyalgia. For years I could not accept this diagnosis... I was in denial... I also have many other symptoms of MS and sometimes think that I may have been misdiagnosed and that I actually do have MS. It worried me. My current doctor wanted to put my fears to rest so he referred me to this particular neurologist. I trust my internist completely and view him as my navigator where my health is concerned. I am very involved and participate in my own healthcare. This referral was the first and only time I have not researched a doctor before seeing him/her. B i g mistake on my part... Research every doctor b e f o r e you ever see them! In my opinion... This physician did not do the necessary testing essential to rule out MS. The MRI I had done previously was normal. This doctor basically blew me off after checking the reflexes in my leg and running a very large safety pin along the bottom of my foot. I felt that he did not believe me when I told him about my symptoms. He looked annoyed and unbelieving when I brought up fibromyalgia. I had also written down on paper what my additional symptoms were so I would not forget any or forget questions that I had to ask him about. He acted put upon and irritated when I continued to ask him a few more questions. He was rude and arrogant and v e r y short with me. I have had a progression of auto-immune & neuro problems for 25 years. I felt humiliated and degraded when I left this neurologists office. The man is a walking corpse. Cold... There is no warmth to him what-so-ever. His staff were barely polite to me but not friendly at all. There is a difference... A really unhappy atmosphere when you walk through the office door. It was a horrible experience for me and "hate" is the word that comes to mind when I remember my experience in seeing him. There are other wonderful and caring neurologists available in our city. After another MRI and several other tests, my ENT stated to my husband and myself that I have very abnormal results that are concerning to him and that I need to see a neurologist asap. He stated that his MA would make the appointment for me that day. My problems are neuro related for certain. If you don't like the doctor that you are referred to, please consider finding another immediately. Don't doubt yourself like I did because of this particular neurologists demeaning and dismissive behaviors. I know now that I was not being foolish in wanting answers from this doctor and he ended up failing me in every way... In my opinion this neurologist deserves an "F"!

May 22nd, 2013
patient
I have seen Dr. Bender about five times over the last fifteen years. He is a wonderful doctor, always addressing the issue at hand with kindness and honesty.

May 14th, 2012
Half Half the work and then he cant write a report
I saw him for different diagnosis nerve damage in fingers arms and neck. He did the testings as I thought he had done them. I had asked in the room what he thought and he didnt answer me I cont to ask again and he rudely said you just need an MRI. I then went to my Primary and his report to my Dr had read in the first sentence I was late!!! First of all I was not late and he cont to tell my Dr that he didnt have time to finish the whole evaluation but never said anything to me in the appt. If there was no report of this visit I would have never known that the test was never completed but I bet he billed my insurance the whole evaluation and until I know he wont get a dime from me. He had no bedside manner what so ever.