Dr. William Bowens Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. William Bowens?

Posted on May 22nd, 2014

Wish I had read the other reviews long ago. This office is, by far, the most unprofessional, unethical medical practice I've ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with. Pat at the desk is not suited for the position, as she is the most rude person I've ever come into contact with in a customer service position in my life. Arrogance does not begin to define her or Dr. Bowens attitudes. When I began to seek treatment elsewhere, Dr. Bowens told me that I would have to sue to get my records transferred to the new doctor. When I filed a complaint with the medical board he terminated me as a patient. A follow up with my family doctor let me know that Dr. Bowens also called him and screamed at him about "stealing his patient". I also discovered that once my deductible had been met, Pat had stopped billing BCBS. When I pushed this issue and insisted my insurance be billed I discovered why she had done that. Every time I stepped foot in their door she collected $93 from me, but BCBS said they were only due $25 from me and $40 from me. Insurance fraud. This is also being reported. Please, for the sake of your sanity, stay away from this office.

PHYSICIANS ASSISTANT

Posted on September 3rd, 2013

THIS GUY IS A COMPLETE NUT CASE, HE SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING MEDICINE, WE HAD EXPERIENCES SIMILAR TO ALL THOSE OTHER REVIEWS, HE SCREAMED AT US AND THREW US OUT OF THE OFFICE, SCARED MY TWO PATIENTS I HAD BROUGHT IN TO DEATH. HE SHOUTED THEIR PERSONAL BUSINESS INTO THE WAITING AREA AND TORE THEIR PAPERWORK UP IN FRONT OF THEIR FACES, TOLD THEM TO GET OUT OF HIS OFFICE, SAID THEY JUST WANTED CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES, WELL DUH, MY PATIENTS HAVE MENTAL ILLNESSES, THATS WHAT THEY WERE THERE TO SEE HIM FOR. HAVE NEVER HAD A PSYCHIATRIST CHARGE $52.00 when a patient has medicare, I WORK IN THE FIELD OF PSYCHIATRY AND HAVE NEVER SEEN BEHAVIOR LIKE THIS. HE IS NO DOCTOR,HE IS AWFUL

WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!

Posted on November 9th, 2012

This Doctor is extremely predigious. He is a pychiatrist but if you have a problem he improperly diagnoses you. He tried to give me a medication that I told him I wasn't going to take and he terminated me as patient and went in the back and called me crazy so everyone in the waiting room could hear it. He talks about your insurance issues and tests in front of everyone, when I thought medical records were private. He makes you feel extremely bad about yourself and forms his own opions about you before he even talks to you. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone and I believe they should take his liscense from him. He sent me for obsene testing that costed a lot of money, at the lab he wanted me to go every month and treated me like I was an idiot. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

Posted on December 28th, 2011

In 2007 Bowens gave my teenage daughter Ritalin for Anxiety. This then increased her anxiety and gave her a sleeping problem which exists to this day. On one occasion my daughter brought her boyfriend into the room for security and Bowens was very nasty to them both stating only my daughter can be present. She was devastated and was unable to see Bowens again. She was so traumatized, have been unable to set her up with another more decent Psychiatrist. Then when I refused the co-payment, he had a very aggresive collection agency call me every day, hours until 11PM. When I tried to contact him, I found he had moved from his Nanuet NY office.

Posted on February 18th, 2017