Dr. William Boyer MD Patient Reviews

3.6

March 7th, 2011
YOU WILL BE MISSED DR B!!!
I was also a patient of Dr. Boyer's & he was the best doctor you could ask for. Dr. Boyer was very knowedgeable with psycopharmacology & really cared about his patients. I too would not be here today without the treatment I received from Dr. Boyer & his knowledge of psychiatry. I was also sorry to see there were some negative comments made about Dr. Boyer.. :-( HOWEVER, THE PROBLEM THE PERSON EXPERIENCED SHOULD NOT REFLECT ON THE TYPE OF PHYSCIAN DR BOYER IS!! It was a problem with when notified of a patient passing away & the office manager &/or administrative staff not following procedures. And they should have removed the patient from the schedule & noted the patient record. Dr. B you will be greatly missed in Georgia... & I wish you & your family all the best in California....

August 31st, 2010
Atlanta's losing a great doc, Calif. is gaining one
I've seen Dr. Boyer for some time, and his knowledge of psychopharmacology, and his care, are unmatched. He's quite shy, which some people take as stand-offish. I would not be alive without his care and am glad he'll be helping our troops recover from our two recent, and senseless wars, at a VA hosp. in CA.

August 14th, 2010
When my husband committed suicide 2 1/2 years ago, I called Dr. Boyer's office to notify them but received a call 2 weeks later for confirmation of an appointment. His death was so new and horrifying to me so when Dr. Boyer's office staff called, I was completely taken by surprise. It sickened me. After emails back and forth, I assumed that his name was removed from their files. Today, I received a letter addressed to my husband, telling that Dr. Boyer was leaving to go to work with Veterans Affairs Medical Center in California. Once again, all the old hurts have been brought to the forefront. I think either Dr. Boyer or his staff is uncaring. I can't imagine him working with poor veterans! God help them.

August 14th, 2010
Ashley Clark
My father was a patient of this doctor 2 years ago. He was suffering from depression, and committed suicide while under his care. Their office was immediately notified of my father's death. Unfortunately, they obiously did not care enough to even make a note of that, because 2 weeks after my father dies, my mother received a call reminding them of my dad's upcoming appointment. A shock to say the least , that a doctor or their office could care that little. We addressed it with their office at the time, but, here 2 years later, my mother gets another letter addressed to my father announcing that he is leaving the practice and going to work for the Office of Veteran Affairs. This is obiously either a completely uncaring physician, or has a horrible office staff. Either way, completely unacceptable.

October 28th, 2009
Very caring physician. Patient with children. Overall, thoughtful and comprehensive.