Dr. William Brennan MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Lafayette, LA

May 8th, 2017
Awesome doctor and top notch staff! He explained everything and made me feel comfortable about surgery. His staff always answered any questions I had. He. And highly recommended and I too highly recommend him!

May 8th, 2017
Dr.Brennan was awesome very caring and great neurosurgeon. Took time to look at MRI'S and X-rays. Took time with me to discuss options and plan of care. Lena NP was awesome. Words can't express how happy I am with the care I received. Also great office staff. Thanks Again.

May 6th, 2017
Excellent doctor, excellent results
After several prior months of unsuccessful conservative treatment for my back and leg pain--physical therapy, medications, etc., I visited Dr Brennan. MRI indicated severe impingement on the L5 nerve root. He did not immediately recommend surgery, but conservatively suggested a set of injections into the area by another doctor to see if relief would result. Only after the injections failed did he recommend surgery and I am extremely happy that he did the surgery. I was leg-pain free immediately after the surgery and three months later I am completely free of all pain. I could not be happier with Dr. Brennan, and especially with his PA who followed every step of my diagnosis through recovery with empathy and great care. Dr. Brennan and his PA, Mrs. Sevin, were conservative in their treatment, thorough in explaining the options, extremely professional and caring through the entire process. They treated us like family. My family and I could not be happier!

April 17th, 2017
Excellent experience
Back fusion surgery. Little pain, no nausea. Released at 6 months.

April 2nd, 2017
Successful Surgery
While a few glitches, the fusion surgery eliminated numbness in feet: post-surgery pain medication caused debilitating migraine (different Dr. discharge orders - readmitted the next day. Office staff said no more co-payments; then, last visit another co-payment; lastly, office staff didn't follow-though on FMLA return to work verification, despite repeated calls; on final visit, Dr. B personally sent a note to my FMLA rep. Had considered micro-surgery, but advised against. While authoritative on why of fusion versus microsurgery, I would have liked to have seen a graphic illustration of x-rays and MRI to demonstrate the need rather than a verbal assurance (assumes the patient being aware of a thorough explanation is an unnecessary task, but this patient would have appreciated the details). Nonetheless, the surgery worked, and despite the set-backs, high marks.

March 7th, 2017
Does what he says,says what he does.
great manner, listens and answers thoroughly.

February 24th, 2017
Dr. Brennan listened to my complaint and did a thorough neurological check on me. He then decided that I needed emergency surgery the next day and reassured me that surgery was needed. I had problems in my neck with my disks and caused the nerves to be pinched and rendering my left arm useless. As a result of the surgery, I have regained complete use of my left arm! My husband is currently being evaluated by Dr. Brennan for numbness in his right leg. He is being extremely thorough in his evaluation-not rushing to do surgery. We have both been extremely satisfied with his care.

February 22nd, 2017
Needs to not be a politician when it comes to people's health.
I met with Dr. Brennan to get a second opinion before I had surgery. My decision had not been made, but when I asked him, if I were to switch to him as a patient would he do surgery? He replied "More than likely you would need surgery". Well, as soon as he found out that I would not be using him as my surgeon, he went on the record to my insurance company, that not only was I was not a candidate for surgery, but went as far as to bash the Dr. that I decided use, and also bash him for even suggesting surgery at all. So of course because he got his feelings hurt because he didn't get the job, and wrote a letter against surgery, now my insurance company no longer wants to cover it, and is fighting me on paying for it. Thanks a lot for caring about peoples health.

January 27th, 2017
One of the BEST!
Have had many surgeries under Dr. Brennan, and would like to say he is the BEST. His STAFF is #1, they are always wanting to assist you and always asked what do I need. Thanks Dr. Brennan and to your entire STAFF for the BEST treatment I was given. Thanks again!

December 29th, 2016
After (2) surgeries...
After surgery with Dr Brennan, I am pain free!

August 20th, 2016
Excellent care
Very smart doctor. Bedside manner and staff very helpful and responded quickly to to any questions I had. I would recommend dr Brennan and staff.

August 8th, 2016
Excellent Care
Very well pleased with treatment from physician and staff and the total result of the surgical procedure.