Dr. William Brennan MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Lafayette, LA

no change

March 7th, 2017
Does what he says,says what he does.
great manner, listens and answers thoroughly.

February 24th, 2017
Dr. Brennan listened to my complaint and did a thorough neurological check on me. He then decided that I needed emergency surgery the next day and reassured me that surgery was needed. I had problems in my neck with my disks and caused the nerves to be pinched and rendering my left arm useless. As a result of the surgery, I have regained complete use of my left arm! My husband is currently being evaluated by Dr. Brennan for numbness in his right leg. He is being extremely thorough in his evaluation-not rushing to do surgery. We have both been extremely satisfied with his care.

February 22nd, 2017
Needs to not be a politician when it comes to people's health.
I met with Dr. Brennan to get a second opinion before I had surgery. My decision had not been made, but when I asked him, if I were to switch to him as a patient would he do surgery? He replied "More than likely you would need surgery". Well, as soon as he found out that I would not be using him as my surgeon, he went on the record to my insurance company, that not only was I was not a candidate for surgery, but went as far as to bash the Dr. that I decided use, and also bash him for even suggesting surgery at all. So of course because he got his feelings hurt because he didn't get the job, and wrote a letter against surgery, now my insurance company no longer wants to cover it, and is fighting me on paying for it. Thanks a lot for caring about peoples health.

January 27th, 2017
One of the BEST!
Have had many surgeries under Dr. Brennan, and would like to say he is the BEST. His STAFF is #1, they are always wanting to assist you and always asked what do I need. Thanks Dr. Brennan and to your entire STAFF for the BEST treatment I was given. Thanks again!

December 29th, 2016
After (2) surgeries...
After surgery with Dr Brennan, I am pain free!

August 20th, 2016
Excellent care
Very smart doctor. Bedside manner and staff very helpful and responded quickly to to any questions I had. I would recommend dr Brennan and staff.

August 8th, 2016
Excellent Care
Very well pleased with treatment from physician and staff and the total result of the surgical procedure.

July 20th, 2016
husband of dianna schleicher
this man failed my wife.he done poor surgery on her back when she went back to see him,he said he did not have time for her complaint and she left his office crying well low life dr. what are you doing here in lafayette,go back to boston where you are from and where peole are rude and uncareing, you are a fraud and a very little boy.
Doctor's Response

This patient was pushed all over Lafayette by her "insurance" carrier and vented her frustration on me. I'm happy to do what I can for her but my first thought would be to get away from her insurance carrier. Nice lady. Two and a half years since surgery and no complications. I'm happy to listen to anyone. She stormed out before I could help.

July 17th, 2016
Told it like it was
I interviewed several neurosurgeons before having my lumbar fusion but Dr. Brennan was the one who took everything and made it make sense to me. He actually cares about the results and it showed.

September 13th, 2015
All comments 5 star? Unbelievable
What happened to the one star comment I posted a few weeks ago? He may be great at managing pain but at analyzing whether or not someone needs neck surgery, he's awful. My 92 year old father broke his neck after a fall . Dr Brennan was going to send him home with a steel neck brace and an appointment two weeks hence. We got another neurosurgeon in who said my dads head and neck were unstable and recommended surgery. Although it was highly risky it was my dads only viable option.
Doctor's Response

I met this patient, spoke to the patient and family about Surgical risks in 92 year old patients. A collar treatment for A high cervical fracture in a 92 year old is one method that Has a 70% success rate. Surgery has a 90% success rate but has serious and potentially fatal risks in a 92 year old. This was all explained to the patient and the family and the family adamantly chose cervical collar treatment. If this family prefers a doctor to walk in and tell them what to do .....I am definitely not that doctor. My patients deserve explanations, options and risk discussions.

September 2nd, 2015
Exceptional surgeon
Fantastic doctor, I'm still walking because of doctor Brennan.

March 12th, 2015
Great Doctor!
Awesome experience! Glad he's out of Regional Ned Center, they were aweful.