Dr. C Briscoe Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. C Briscoe?

August 6th, 2016

Name withheld

Someone here made a comment in praise of this doctor stating "He is not the man to see if you are looking for drugs for your habit." Well that is very presumptuous. This doctor is a psychiatrist which means he does not do psycho therapy and ONLY makes diagnosis and prescribes medications usually in the form of an SSRI. Are SSRI's not drugs? Paxil and Prozac and the like? Let me enlighten you that these are indeed drugs with very severe side effects many people have to be on them for the rest of their lives EVEN when they stop working because the WITHDRAWL is so severe. AND only 30 percent of the population even respond to SSRI treatment. Yet doctors like to "push" them because they are classified as non narcotic. Benzodizaphines Xanax and the like are excellent anti anxiety medications and work for most people but are often withheld due to a false presumption that one might abuse them. All medications are DRUGS and have risks... "non narcotic" SSRI's being the ones with the most risk! Just because one takes a "non narcotic" prescribed by this doctor does not mean they are "above" anyone else who requires a benzodizaphine.

October 10th, 2015

Victim of his son Brian Briscoe

I never saw Dr William Briscoe OR SIGNED ON TO HAVE HIM TREAT ME, OR HAVE MY MEDICAL INFO RELEASED TO HIM. You see he apparently runs his son Psychiatrist Brian Briscoe's practice in Louisville KY behind the scenes calling all the shots. So for the ratings reguarding staff I have basically put what was my experience with his son's staff. I wanted to put in a review because I was indeed treated by William Briscoe AND without my knowledge and consent. William Briscoe designed a treatment plan for me that was unorthodox and "costly" in an effort so that his son's practice would have "an Ivy league" back up. This would have been no benefit to me whatsoever, this was a request I simply could not meet. Because of this Brian Briscoe neglected me, and put my life at risk. Both of these Psychiatrist have caused me serious harm. Unfortunately William Briscoe is on the state board therefore both he and his son have zero accountabity.

March 31st, 2015

Dr. Briscoe's name should be legendary. He is brilliant psychiatrist and wonderful person.He and his colleagues have worked minor miracles for me and countless others.

February 3rd, 2010

Highly Recommend

Dr. Briscoe is a very knowledgeable and caring man. He helped me when no one else could. I would recommend him to anyone. He is not the man to see if you are looking for drugs for your habit.

July 15th, 2009

The doctor did not take the time to listen to me. He even made his treatment plan without me being present, or having any input. It was as if he listened to someone else about what was going on with me, and what I needed.

June 17th, 2009

Maybe psychiatry is one of those professions where it takes one to know one. How can you continually go in feeling improved and come out feeling like crap. I guess it helps the doctor perpetuate business, even if it hurts the patient for no good reason.

April 13th, 2015