Dr. William Buckingham Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Jacksonville, FL

1.3

November 15th, 2010
Unprofessional and does not listen
After being referred and waiting months for my appointment to see this specialist I was disgusted. His was abrupt, aggessive, did not listen, did not care, and had no consideration for the pain I had in my knees. He asked questions on where I was born rather than where my pain was and when I told him about the severity of my pain level, he said he would have to SAW OFF MY LEG which immediately made me shocked and very upset. I wanted to leave, but he tried to keep me there. I have never had such a bad experience...unprofessional and words cannot convey how suprised I was to be treated so poorly. He would not listen to me and just upset me as he continually spoke and did not do a full exam. I have clicking, burning, and water in my knees, and also I've had cortisone injections previously, with one look he says it's normal...I don't know about his ideology, but he wanted to debate, be rude,and not help me in any manner. He wanted to see me in 3 weeks though...it's all for the money...why would anyone go back to that situation...I won't. Worst of the worst!!!

January 9th, 2008
Doctors' Professionalism
I was referred to Buckingham for a medical evaluation for Workers' Comp the first visit went well I told him of the continuous problems that I was having with my on the job injury he was going to give me a rating but the referring doctor did not transfer the paperwork that was provided to him to transpose the information that was need for a permanent rating. I came back for a second visit and he was very short and rude and to this day he has not forwarded the information that was requested to the DOL. He told me that I needed to forget about my injury and was not concern about my health and saftey he is only concerned about the DOL and the Postal Service this doctor do not know what color I am. He was trying to give me a lifting restriction of 20 pounds for 1 year I have not lifted 20 pounds since 2005, I told him that I had problems with lifting thats why I had a restrition of 10 pounds of lifting since 2005. Why? would this doctor want to give me this kind of lifting restrictions after he was told of my pain and lump that appears on the shoulder which causes pain and don't allow me to do any lifting over what was given since 2005. He is being paid by the DOL and the Postal Service I see that clearly now. He is not for me and don't care if I am hurting or having problems it's about the Postal Service and the DOL. If this doctor is going to work for the System which don't care about the patient health about money.