A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Burfeind:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Burfeind is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Burfeind, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Burfeind graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Burfeind has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burfeind accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William R. Burfeind practice?
Dr. William Burfeind practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Cardiovascular Disease near Fountain Hill, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Allentown, PA and Durham, NC.
See Fountain Hill Surgeons and Fountain Hill Cardiologists.