Dr. William Pierce Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Pierce?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. William Pierce?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 1st, 2014

Excellent Doctor

I am the type of person who doesn't like a doctor who gives a rose colored outlook. I want someone who is direct and to the point. In that regards, Dr. Pierce is excellent and meets my needs. Not everyone likes the directness and if you don't care for it, you may not get along that well with him. His knowledge and expertise is up there with the best. He has connections across the US and is not afraid to use them. Dr. Pierce is on the board at OHSU along with many other groups. He is there for the patient and not the money. The staff is excellent and very supportive. They are great at follow up. If for some reason they are running behind, they tell you immediately. Remember, as you go through this your attitude is 90% and they help you by providing resources for counseling, support groups, etc. Don't be afraid to ask, but don't expect everything to be handed to you. Go in with a list of questions and either the doctor or staff will provide (or find out) the answers you need. I would strongly recommend Dr. Pierce and his staff.

October 28th, 2012

Typical weepy female

Dr. Pierce has about the worst bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen. He says things like "if you're still alive in 5 years" and "you'll get used to it" when referring to hot flashes. When I moved away and got a copy on my records I saw that he had labeled me as a "typical weepy female". I had bilateral mastectomies and much trouble with a staph infection and problems with chemo. Yes, I was "weepy" once when I saw him. I sort of thought I had earned the right. He's a great doctor and I believe he knows more than most about treating cancer which is the real point in seeing him.

December 21st, 2011

Very thorough. I have Stage 4 breast cancer. I have been going to Dr Pierce for many years. I am now in remission. He is a wonderful caring doctor. I would and have highly recommended him to others..

November 19th, 2016