Family Physicians
4400 Bayou Blvd
Ste 49A
Pensacola, FL 32503
850-476-0003
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

• Currently 2.2083333333333 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  White trash family practice  |  show details
by Richard on Jul 28th, 2014

First off, rest assured that the only positive reviews on this site are written by the office manager who happens to be the doctors son.. Everyone in this practice is a drug addict and the doc has been in the spot light before for his prescribing habits. The good news is that if you're looking to score pills, this doc sure doesn't mind writing them. The doc will make sure you're breathing and hand you prescriptions. The office staff are the rudest group of unprofessional hicks you've ever seen and are very rude without just cause. Wait times are ridiculous, the staff will cancel your appointments if they feel like taking the afternoon off. This isn't by any stretch of the imagination a "good ol' country doc"!

|  horribly rude office and nurses  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2014

Within 2 minutes I was lied to, refused access to an office manager, hung up on again and then told I would have to pay a $1000 first time visit fee before they even had one piece of information regarding me. A total joke for a Doctors office.

|  One of Pensacola's Finest  |  show details
by Patient! on Aug 27th, 2013

Dr. Wilson is one of the only doctors in Pensacola who will actually sit down and find out what is wrong with you. For me he is personal in the fact that he cares what is wrong and wants to get to know me, and professional in the sense that he has always been AMAZING at diagnosing me and helping me get to 100%. It's sad that he has to go through all the druggies that come through his office and use him. He is very trusting, so much so that it's his fault, but all of the drug seekers are destroying the system that actually helps those who need medical care from a professional like Dr. Wilson. Sure, his staff isn't the best, but it's the price you pay to get helped by an intelligent and competent doctor. Drug Seekers beware, they aren't letting you people use and abuse them anymore! Leave my doctor alone! Good honest hard working people rely on him because he understands us! -Patient for 20 years and counting (thanks for Dr. Wilson!)

|  Hypertension & Possible Auto Immune Disorder  |  show details
by Sharon M on May 22nd, 2013

Dr. Wilson is far beyond any family practitioner I've ever been to. He treats his patients as though they are his most important patient of the day, always spending the necessary time. His knowledge is extensive, yet he remains very humble. He doesn't pretend to know it all; when needed, he refers you to the very best specialists. His main concern is to discover the root of your illness and make you well again, not to just apply the “band aid” approach and rush you out like he’s herding cattle. He is the only doctor who has been able to stabilize my blood pressure. I highly recommend him.

|  A Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

I will get the bad stuff out first, the wait time is horrible. This is a very busy office. I have never had a problem with any staff. at one time it was very disorganized, but that has changed. Dr. Wilson has always spent time with me during visit, he will listen to all of your problems,This is one of the reason for the wait. There are laws to be followed by the State of Fla,The staff did not make these rule they are just enforcing them.Just being a patient I have witness behavior of other patients towards the Staff. They are just doing there job.Sorry you can't get everything you want.

|  kyle  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr. Wilson was great. His office staff I very unprofessional. in a word "clown shoes".

|  fine country doc  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

DR Wilson is a gem. Sadly his staff as a whole is rather unprofessional. The office is messy. Some of his staff are very nice. There was a skinny guy that was working their that literally looked like a street bum and he and another women bickered across the office. I was surprised about that the fees were so high.However, if you can just look past the outside stuff you will get an excellent doctor.

|  Pat Porter  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

I am very satisfied with the care I have received from Dr Wilson for over ten years. He was recommended by two RNs who know him professionally and he has lived up to their recommendations. I especially appreciate his ability to listen to a patient and also his concern about the cost of meds...

|  Incompetent staff!  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

Great doctor... staff is incompetent. They are all kids and do not follow through. They don't write down messages and it is impossible to get return calls from the doctor or nurse. They also lose paperwork like crazy and they overbook appointments.

|  Excellent Dr Who does not see Drug Seekers  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

I love this Doc. He spends the time. The only problem with his staff is when the drug seekers, that I've seen hitting other Family Practice Docs in town try and force the staff to make them give them narcotics they aren't due for or thta they had "their dog eaten". The staff is wonderful including the son and wife ((who don't have to have indvididual licences (((of course Dr wilson's son IS a doctor some of these druggies don't know))) because ever staff member works under the doc in their office. They dont put up with drug seekers who I've seen threaten them, cuss them, etc. And as far as Doc not coming in, he had pneumonia last year, some people's nerve to be mad their Doc is sick sickens me. I haven't ever been cancelled. I hear them demand xrays, mri's etc on patients who want pain pills and they dont give them to them. In fact, Doc has a low of law enforcement patients who help him pick out the drug seekers. And I laugh at the person saying "he does background checks" I asked, they only refuse to see new patients who have been arrest ted for cocaine or forging prescriptions....OH NO...pooooorrr druggie. He's a great old fashioned doc for REAL PATIENTS! The DEA is not looking into him and most of these comments are full of junk. Just mad they didn't get drugs they wanted to sell. I love he and his family keep his normal patients safe from criminals. HE'S A PRIVATE PRACTICE, HE CAN KICK OUT DRUGGIES IF HE WANTS! So to those who somehow started a rumor he's a pain management doc...YOU ARE WRONGO!! US former FBI agents etc, wouldn't go to such a doc. Read these comments with a big brain of salt. They are closed on Wednesdays. And I've never had a problem getting an appointment when I needed one. ONLY THING he takes the time YOU NEED, whether its a minute or an hour...so he doesn't run on time. I'd rather have a doc run late who listens to me than a hospital quack who gives you 3 minutes.

|  Horrible trying to get an appointment and waiting room  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

It's not easy getting in to see the Dr. and the waiting room is small and often crowded with long waiting time. Dr. Wilson is a good dr and has a great bed side manner. The areas that need to be fixed are a bigger office and better staffing.

|  Love him  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

I actually had no problem seeing him or getting an appointment... not sure why you all are saying that he has a "rude" staff when I in fact thought that they were great. Doctor Wilson even helped me more than I can say about any other doctor. He actually spends time with you and not acting like he is always in a rush to get to the next person.. I believe the ones that are having an issues with him must be apart of the pill seeking group!!

|  Rude, discourteous staff is one problem with this office.  |  show details
by disatified patient on May 14th, 2010

Do not go to this office if you do not have insurance. They charge $165.00 for a visit. If you can manage to get anyone to answer to phone to make an appointment, you're lucky. When you finally get an appointment, they keep you waiting for more than an hour to see the doctor (on the days he bothers to show up). Dr. Wilson is a pleasant person, it is the majority of his staff that is the problem. Worst of all is his wife/office manager. She is nasty to deal with. So, if you plan to go to this doctor, good luck, however, I'd seriously consider going somewhere else.

|  Poor "Sick" Doctor  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2009

This "doctor" and staff schedule appointments beyond their means! I have tried to see Dr. Wilson 4 times. Each time after getting a phone reminder the day before my appointment, he and his nurse (wife) are "sick" and want to reschedule. I've even got a call 30 seconds before I opened the door from an incompetent staff member about needing to reschedule. I have taken off of work to see him and then the staff looks and talks to me like I am the one putting a burden on them. This business has the worst customer care that I have ever seen! WARNING

|  show details
Jun 15th, 2009

I enjoy seeing and talking with Dr. William Wilson, (once I am able to get in to see him). However, his staff leaves a lot to be desired. They take the phone off the hook (often for hours at a time) so that they don't have to answer incoming calls. The office manager defends this practice by saying that the office is understaffed. In the last two years, Dr. Wilson and/or his office staff have cancelled 14 appointments on me -- many of the times they did not even bother to call me ahead of time. I didn't learn that my appointment had been cancelled until I arrived at his office. Since I must take time off from my job to go see the doctor, this has caused me to lose a lot of money. In addition, some times it takes two or more weeks to get a new appointment. I have explained this to Dr. Wilson, but nothing has been resolved yet.

|  Dr. Wilson is one of "the best" doctors.  |  show details
by S. Snow on Mar 15th, 2009

A good doctor is very difficult to find and Dr. William Wilson is definitely one of the best. I refer everyone I know and meet to him, he is the best.

|  show details