Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

STILL HERE ! show details STILL HERE !
by Billie Jo Wright on Sep 3rd, 2015

My Name is Billie Jo Wright Dr. Calderwood was the Dr. My Daughter found for me when we moved to AZ, from Ohio. I had a problem after 9/11/01 and I fell apart. You didn't have to live in NYC to be affected by the Terrorists. So I was getting sick, and I knew what it was, but Dr. calderwood didn't put a to of effort into my recovery. All he had me do,was come in very early every other morning or so just to take my blood ! He didn't put me in the Hospital. He didn't even give me vitamins. What he did was tell me he only ever had one other patent as bad as me ,and she died ! That was when he came to the examination room from smoking a cigarette. He Looked Me in the Eye and said ( Your Going To Die ! And your going to die soon ! I guess because I didn't have insurance at the time,he didn't think I could afford to get better. My Husband was in the room with me and the Dr. , and a young Man who was in training to be a Dr.was there, and he said to theDr. Can't we drain her tummy ? And the Dr. Said NO , it will only come back. The I think a couple of visits later, the young Intern came in the room, and I asked him is the Dr. going todo anything for me ? And Then Calderwood came in and Said, YOU WANT TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL ? And I said yes ! So he was very short with me, and said that head his assistant making arrangements now. The Hospital. Was just across the street. My daughter had brought me that day with her two babies. She took me to Del Webb Hospital , and I told them my Dr. had made arrangements for me to be admitted ! three Hours later ,the Hospital called his office, and then I was admitted , then the next morning I had a Liver Dr. Come in and he was Great, and I was put on a Transplant list,and they drained my tummy, and that was in 2008, I NEVER GOT A LIVER,Because I got better without it. I am 64 now,and having the time of my life ! I just wonder, how long Dr. calderwood would have kept me coming in and taking blood and with no treatment at all ? I got MAD, and when I finally got mad enough , I decided to live. No Thanks to Dr Calderwood. His woman at the desk was more interested in my payments every time I went. AndCalderwood was having a hard time because the Stock Market was down over 500 points . dr. calderwood is a Recovering Alcoholic. He gave me a card for AA Meetings when he saw me in 2008 ! He didn't do anything for me.

Celebration for Doctor Caldewood show details Celebration for Doctor Caldewood
by Ruth Hartzog on Aug 22nd, 2015

Doctor Calderwood has been my husband and my physician for the last 25 years. I hear that he is retiring after 48 years. I will miss his help and friendship and send my best wishes for many more happy years still ahead.

by zeiger on Feb 6th, 2015

Best dr in the world!

Poor Bedside Manner show details Poor Bedside Manner
by Jason Levi on Aug 3rd, 2014

Went to him for the first time and he summarily cancelled all the medications I have been taking for years without any explanations. I found this be heavy handed, not to mention rude. I don't question his knowledge and experience, but he has an attitude issue.

Mar 29th, 2011