Overall Review

4.8

August 31st, 2016
Fantastic doctor!
Dr Canning is personable, caring, and most of all, professional and experienced. He made me feel at ease and effectively took care of my problem. He also has a lovely caring staff who assures your comfort while you wait as well as being knowledgeable and professional.

June 16th, 2016
Would not be here is it wasnt for Dr Canning. One of the best doctors I have ever seen.

August 8th, 2013
Incredible Surgeon & Humanitarian
I was referred to Dr. Canning because I had a vascular tumor in my small bowel. Because of the size and location of the tumor, the surgery was extremely dangerous and I was fully aware of the risks. I had a month-long stay in the hospital because my body didn't respond to the surgery and Dr. Canning was there every day (sometimes twice a day) to check on me and explain in detail what was happening. He even took the time to draw pictures and diagrams explaining everything in layman's terms so I understood exactly what the problems were. He also rallied a group of other specialists to form a "think tank" concerning my case. I have never seen such a committed, compassionate, and sincere physician as Dr. Canning. During my stay, every other physician caring for me said the same thing - that I was in the best of hands and I had a doctor who would never give up until everything has resolved. I cannot thank him enough for what he did. I commend his office staff as well because my wife was frantic (I had almost died from another disorder that caused blood clots in my lungs). When she had questions and called the office, the staff was so compassionate and reassuring and Dr. Canning took time to talk with her over the phone to answer all of her questions. If you live in the Dade/Broward area and need an abdominal surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Canning without reserve.

November 27th, 2012
Top surgeon
The best surgeon in MiamiHis staff is awesome and I am thankful for Dr Canning's excellent care!