Dr. William Caton III MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Pasadena, CA

• Good
  • Bad

March 23rd, 2016
With the exception of Tara, everyone else was extremely professional. Dr. Caton is an exceptional Neurosurgeon, who is among the best in the nation. He also is kind and has excellent beside manner.

March 2nd, 2015
Great doctor, great surgeon, great person.

February 9th, 2015
No help
My visit was for back pain. Without an exam the Dr. recommended pain management. I asked for a diagnosis first. Got an x-ray and was unable to get an mri do to extreme pain. Asked for an appointment for pain and was told to come back next month and that there were no other appointments. If you are suffering this is not the doctor to see. This dr. is in the business of making money not treating suffering.

December 3rd, 2013
Good Doctors Hard to Find
I have been Dr. Catons patient for over two years. He did my spinal fusion and all of his team were fantastic. He is one of the kindness, compassionate, understanding doctors I have ever met. He sits and listens to all my issues regarding my back. His office staff are quick and efficient. My appointment waiting times are always under 5mins. I would recommend him to anyone who suffers any injury to the spine. I trust him 100%. I don't understand the negative reviews I read. They should be IGNORED!

October 14th, 2013
If you want to live a normal life, think again
We were expecting the best from the head of neuro at HMH, boy were we wrong! The waits are awful and he rushes through appointments. He will just go and "diagnose" you without listening and when you ask questions he is very short and brief and not clear at all. The whole thing feels like a race, 3 unsuccessful surgeries here. If his quality of life involves high dosages of meds , pain and no activity well then he is the guy for you. Be very careful with his associate Dr. Ross....WORSE!!!

October 1st, 2013
I was not a priority
I wish I would have received a second opinion instead of going with the first surgeon I saw - Dr. Caton. In 2010, I had a craniotomy to remove a tumor in my skull. My surgery was performed in the early evening and I was released from the hospital less than TWELVE HOURS after my surgery ended. I was given a report on how my surgery went while I was heavily medicated, half-asleep, and none of my loved ones or health advocates were present. I was then rushed to the emergency room 24 hours after I returned home because I was in the worst pain of my life. I was rushed around and not attended to properly, and I have had severe pain in my head ever since which several doctors have referred to as "post-traumatic stress" in the cells of my brain due to the negative surgical experience I suffered.

January 27th, 2013
A great Doctor!!
He knew what to do and did it !!! Not once but twice ... the second time after a fall.....

June 30th, 2011
Dr. Caton is an excellent Doctor. Very professional and one of the best, however his staff disappointed me.

June 5th, 2010
Dr Caton is a world class surgeon and his staff is world class
Dr Caton is a world class surgeon with awesome skills. He put my neck back together,my neck was a mess. If you go to his office and have to wait it will be worth the wait . The staff handles many calls and questions with great care, if anyone says that the staff is not professional they are full of it. I trust Dr. Caton to make all the needed medical decisions . He continues to treat my neck 3 plus months after 2 c-spine surgeries and he is now treating my lumbar spine. Dr. Caton is worth the wait.

January 27th, 2009
THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD
You would be hard pressed to find a more caring, nurturing and understanding doctor than Dr. Caton. Not only does he have the best bedside manners I have ever seen from a surgeon, he has been rated in a number of magazines as one of the top neurosurgeons in the country. I felt that the previous anonymous commentator unfairly judged the doctor's staff. I know the wait time can be long...and that is not the staff's fault...and you can't really fault Dr. Caton for taking the time to deal with patients who are extremely sick. I would rather wait to see a kind, compassionate doctor, who comes highly recommended than sit for two minutes in a waiting room and then get rushed into to see a doctor (who doesn't know my name, my problems, or cares about my concerns). I have known Dr. Caton and his staff for many years and I have never had any member of his staff act in a rude or unprofessional manner. I was also extremely surprised to hear the anonymous comment that you can't talk to a live person. I think Dr. Caton is one of the few doctors in this area that does not have a triage system set up and a live person answers the phone. If you have ever been to Dr. Caton's office, you know how very busy it is and how the staff members run around like crazy. I have sat in the waiting room and listened to the staff manage phone calls and tell patients that on patient days they are unable to answer many questions. I think people are too narcissistic and care only about themselves and fail to see what is really going on....if you are a patient of Dr. Caton's you will be treated very well and will be in much better physical, emotional, and psychological shape because of him. To all of your complainers out thereyou should be grateful that Dr. Caton has taken the time to take such good care of you, and as far as I am concerned, his staff is awesome!! Keep it up Dr. Caton and staff!!!

October 25th, 2008
This is doctor's skills are wonderful however, his staff leaves alot to be desired. The wait time is horrific and when calling in you can only leave a message. At times they can be flat out rude.

June 7th, 2017