Dr. William Chapman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 24th, 2016
Doctor Chapman is a good doctor and I would recommend him to anyone! I found his bedside manner to be good and he cares about his patients.

April 18th, 2016
Doctor Chapman did my weight loss surgery 4 years ago he is a great doctor!

February 17th, 2016
Dr Chapman is an awesome doctor. We just found out he is no longer with ECU Physicians and that's very disappointing. We will truly miss him.

January 7th, 2016
Where is Dr. Chapman??
I had a Gastric Sleeve with Dr. Chapman last year. Supposed to have a follow up this month. Was told i have to see another Dr. because Dr. Chapman is out of leave indefinitely. Does anyone know what is wrong? I really dont want to see a doctor I don't know.

December 1st, 2015
Dr. Chapman is AWESOME
I love Dr Chapman. He became my Dr in 2008. He performed the Lap Band on me. Weighing in at 374 lbs. I dropped down to 168 lbs. He chose the Lap Band procedure for me, because I had a lot of previous abdominal surgeries. (including 2 desmoid tumors & a hernia from those 2 surgeries). He repaired my hernia & has also done more repair since the first surgery. (It wasn't anything he done wrong). It was mesh related. In 2012, I was in a car accident & the seatbelt strapped me in. Therefore, it caused the lapband to flip where they couldn't get it to for future adjustments. At this point, my only option was to remove the Lapband & go with the Gastric Sleeve. I have gained about 50-60 lbs after the conversion, but its my own fault. I am now considering going back to Dr Chapman to see if he thinks its a good choice for me to have the Gastric ByPass surgery. I am only afraid that I will lose too much weight. I only want to lose the 50-60 lbs that I have put on since 2012. Its hard to keep the weight off once you start gaining. But, I have can tell a big difference in my appearance, my self-esteem, and my health since I have put back on those extra pounds. Dr Chapma was straight forward & honest with me about ALL my health risks & concerns from day one. He is the best Dr that I know. I would recommend him to anyone in any need of gastric procedures. Bedside manners, follow ups & everything he done for me was just AWESOME! Keep up the good work Dr. Chapman. I love you, because you have helped me make a lot of the right choices in changing my life for the better. Thanks for everything!

September 16th, 2015
Knowledgeable, great bedside manner. He was very easy to talk to.

July 26th, 2014
Worst Attitude and bedside maner and lack of passion for a patient
Dr. Chapman has ruined my wife's life by messing up her gastrointestinal bypass. Then leaving for a vacation with his son, coming back to find my wife dying in Greenville due to his poor surgery practices then telling her she knew that SHE shouldn't have had the surgery in the first place after he told her he could do it. Then he told her to quit whining and she was lucky he even considered trying to help her. We still believe that he let his students doo the surgery because three other people were hurt the same way and one died. Since Dr. Chapman's botched surgery on my wife, she has had to have 8 major surgeries due to his medical abortion he performed on my wife. Dr. Chapman wouldn't allow my wife any follow up visits and denied her any medications. She was to be in Greenville for only three days but thanks to Chapman, she spent 48 days, 46 of them in intensive care. If I could upload pictures of how he left her disfigured I would. No one would take my wife's malpractice case because of the Brody School of Medicine. Good School ?? No. Slaughter House led by Chapman. I promised my wife that someday I would find a way to make him pay for this. She is crippled in a chair right now as I write this. Her quality of life was stolen from her by Chapman. 90% of my paycheck goes to doctors and medicine to keep her going because I love her. You can praise him if you want but there is a spot in the underworld waiting for this heartless, cold, worthless man. Thank you Chapman for taking my wife's life and destroying it along with our family. I hope someday I will be able to return the favor. Your arrogance was excided only by your extreme lack of skill and compassion for someone who trusted you. We will meet again. I can not answer anything below honesty because there are no -4 stars to tell the truth by.

November 30th, 2010
Best surgeon I have EVER had the priviege of meeting
Dr Chapman performed a procedure filled with abnormally high risks because of prior surgical history, adhesions, scar tissue, and co-mobidity medical conditions.It was completely successful and he has been beside me every step of the way! I could never expect as much from another surgeon. He is THE BEST!

May 12th, 2010
Life Saver
This doctor has saved my life and gave me back a quality of life after revision bypass, ulcers, hernia, etc.I trust no one else with my digestive system.

January 12th, 2010
An Exceptional Doctor
My experience with Dr. Chapman has been positive. He has always treated me with warmth and respect. The accuracy of his diagnoses is exceptional. He spends time with his patients, making sure that they have a full understanding of the situation so that they can make good decisions about their healthcare. Dr. Chapman makes sure that he answers all your questions and never makes you feel that he does not have the time for you. In my opinion he is one of the top surgeons in this country and we are very blessed to have him here at our hospital.