Dr. William Chavira MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 2nd, 2016
Wouldn't recommend
Not the most gentil Dr. !!! I saw him all throughout my pregnancy. He Was in and right out the room, he always seemed rushed. I once went in and got checked to see if I was dilated and I got nervous and clenched my legs together to which he responded with just forcing my legs open and checking me for dilation !!!! He could have given me a few seconds to just relax instead of annoyingly saying "this is nothing compared to birth!" I always felt clueless with what was going on the whole time I was pregnant, Oh yeah and of course he wasn't even at my birth, which ended up being a plus in my book !

December 22nd, 2015
ABSOLUTELY not if you value your OB care
This man has no professional manner at all. I was an extremely high risk mother, with a rare disease and 35 years old but was pregnant with triplets triplets when I met Dr. Chavira. I was referred to him as a secondary consult to assure me my triplets no longer had a chance of survival. He forced me to wait 5 days for a D&C because it was a Thursday and he does not work Fridays. I had three malformed, dead triplets in my stomach for two weeks due to negligent health insurance and OB care by the time I was referred to him. Throughout the weekend I ended up with cramping and spotting black blood and he had me sent home from the emergency room with the old "tell her to take Motrin and wait for her surgery on Monday." Due to my rare condition I cannot take motrin, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc. as it causes me to vomit blood. This did not concern him, he sent me home just as I was in excruciating pain and left me toxic the whole weekend. Come time for the surgery I was so sick I could barely move he actually had the audacity to start an argument with me because I came for my surgery a half an hour early instead of 2 hours early. I found out the horrible details of my surgery from my husband and never so much as laid eyes on this doctor again after my surgery. I attempted to call his office for my 4 week follow up as my surgery was very complicated and I was very sick for almost 3 weeks...a week and a half later and I'm still waiting for him to even return my call? I now have to get the records from his office and see my own regular OBGYN for the follow up that's how professional he is. Whoever gave him a licence to practice medicine should be ashamed he carries their school name. He has NO bedside manner, no conscience, and is the most money motivated doctor I've ever seen. He might as well brand his patients with a number and put them in a pen like sheep.

February 9th, 2014
slow down
Mr Chavira seems like he is a nice man but is always in a hurry. The first appointment there you are taken to his office and he spends a deal of time with you which is wonderful as he does have great credentials and a nice modern building where he practices out of. After that each appointment is no more than three minutes with him. He listens to the baby for no more than ten seconds and you are on your way. Seems incredibly rushed all the time! As a new mom this kind of lackluster effort of trying to build a relationship with a family who youll be delivering their baby is not quality or enjoyable to the patient. Also isn't it a violation of HIPPA to have five cups with patients names written on them in the bathroom for everyone to see? Dr Chaviras medical assistant is a nice caring lady but again with the crazy scheduling probably cannot grab the cups of urine between each patient. My recommendation is if you don't mind a rushed experience go here; however if establishing trust and building a relationship is important to you I'd avoid this facility.

July 10th, 2012
Poor Bedside Manners
Dr. Chavira, seems to be in a hurry at all times except maybe the during first visit. He is often not detailed and I always had unanswered questions at the end of my visits. During my baby's delivery he did not explain things in detail and went about his work in a very technical manner (I felt there was no patient doctor communication). I will surely look for a more professional OB in the future!!!

September 14th, 2011
Excellent Care and office staff
I have had Dr Chavira for 2 of my 4 pregnancies. I really wish I could say he was my OB for all 4 of my pregnancies.

June 12th, 2011
GREAT DOCTOR
GREAT DOCTOR ALLWAYS GIVES GREAT ADVISE

April 11th, 2011
PHARMACY DOCTOR
DR.CHAVIRA AND HIS STAFF ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND PASSIONATE. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO MY FRIENDS. HE CARES AND LOOKS OUT FOR YOU AS IF YOU WERE FAMILY.

December 23rd, 2009
Wonderful!
Dr. Chavira has been my OB through all 3 of my pregnancies and he's wonderful. I love his staff, he is a caring doctor, and I will never switch. I recommend him to everyone!

September 10th, 2009
I was very pleased with Dr. Chavira with my first child that I return to him for care with my second. He is a wonderful doctor that listens and truly cares.

September 7th, 2009
Poor bedside manner
Dr. Chavira spoke to me very angrily while I was in labor. I had asked him a few simple questions about my labor status when I was given conflicting information by another doctor and nurse. He told me I was putting his practice in jeopardy. I never questioned his medical judgment, Im sure hes a skilled doctor/surgeon. I was simply trying to find out more information as to why he wanted to perform a c-section and he raised his voice at me and spoke to me in a manner that I felt was disrespectful. I felt terrible for months after this birth experience and not because of the c-section but because of how he spoke to me without listening to me or answering my questions. Im only writing this because I requested an apology which I never received.