Would not recommend for anyone... show details Would not recommend for anyone...
Aug 10th, 2012

It look 4 appointments, one consultation and three testing appointments for Dr. Chernack to tell me that my 5 year old has a mold allergy, despite his symptoms only being present for 2 months in the summer. He administered a total of 26 intra-dermal shots, one at a time, during a course of three visits. This was my first time with an allergist and I did not know what to expect. He also advised it would be alright to have my son on antihistamines while he was being tested. My confidence in his office and his diagnosis was very low and we got a 2nd opinion with Dr. Gary Pien, with the Summit Medical Center. Dr. Pien was on the opposite spectrum of Dr. Chernack. In one visit, consultation and testing, he told us that my son does not have allergies. He did a skin test with one set of pricks by using a panel. I am very dissatisfied with Dr, Chernack because he conducted unnecessary testes on my son with individual injections, he charged me and the insurance company 4 times and his bedside manner was poor, not too mention he was unnecessarily sarcastic.

Sep 19th, 2009

My son was evaluated by Dr. Chernack who decided he had psychosomatic issues. Glad I didn't listen..an immunologist found my son to have common immunodeficiency (CVID) requiring gamma gobulin infusions..Dr. Chernack didn't even test for that, despite being an immunologist himself!!