Dr. William Cheung MD Patient Reviews

December 29th, 2014
Everyone in my family has gone to him for over 20 years
I have been to Dr. Cheung for over 20 years. My whole family has gone to him that we are like his patient groupies. When my mom had cancer a few years back, he helped us with arranging nurse to visit, equipment and all the cancer patient needed. He helped us talking to the hospital social worker to get the best care to make my mom as comfortable as possible. I am indebted at his great services. He is the best doctor and trusted by many many local patients. He has office hours in Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn which definitely make it easy to see him. Dr. Jan, his partner is also a very kind doctor that we trust as well.

October 4th, 2012
Not a proactive, knowledgeable, or empathetic doctor.
When I told him that I was experiencing fatigue, he dismissively said, "Well, there are many reasons why people feel tired like stress." As part of my annual physical I had a blood test done. I had a blood condition and liver issues. He simply told me to adjust parts of my diet. Now 2 years later, I have developed cysts in different areas of my body and my chronic fatigue is still quite bad. So I decided to do a lot more research about my condition. I have discovered that it is a serious condition that can result in liver failure and heart disease if not treated early. As a hematologist, he had little information or advice about how to treat my condition or awareness of how dangerous my blood condition could be. I never received calls when results of my tests were in and he never called me regarding follow up appointments or planned treatments. Thanks to his apathetic nature, my condition is unchanged. If you are looking for a doctor who is proactive, informative, and empathetic, look somewhere else. Luckily I have found a hematologist that is quite knowledgeable about my blood condition.