Dr. William Cottrell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 21st, 2016
I felt right at home! good practice skills!

July 15th, 2016
Knee appt
great

May 4th, 2016
Excellent surgeon, disappointed with surgical facility
I saw Dr. Cottrell about a shoulder problem. We scheduled surgery and I went to their surgical facility in Clearwater. Everyone was very courteous and efficient with the exception that they totally ignored my ALLERGIES written on my red bracelet. The nurse asked about my allergies and they were in my records so they were written down on my bracelet to use as a reference during surgery. At some point during my surgery, while I was under anesthesia, I was given a shot and an IV of a drug that I am allergic to. It was pure luck that I did not have a serious reaction. This was mainly due to the fact that I am taking double the dose of another drug that helps to prevent my reaction. After my surgery I have never seen DR. Cottrell since all of my post surgery appointments have been with his assistant, who brushed off the mistake made in the operating room when I mentioned it to him. I did send a written letter to DR Cottrell asking what had happened and it was ignored. My shoulder is doing fine after the surgery so except for the fact that I could have had a serious life threatening problem during the operation because of their mistake, everything else seemed to go fine. Because of various injuries that I have received, this was my 10th surgery and my first with DR. Cottrell. Since I received no answer to my questions, I cannot say if the mistake was made by DR. Cottrell or someone else in the operating room but as far as I am concerned, DR. Cottrell was my doctor and he should have been looking out for his patient.