Dr. William Czajka MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

November 18th, 2009
Shockingly Bad
My mom went to see Dr. Czajka and found out that her heart was in atrial fib. For nearly a month they attempted to regulate it using meds, but had no luck so Dr. Czajka sent her for a cardioversion. After two shocks the heart returned to normal rhythm however, hours after the procedure she suffered what she later found out to be a stroke. Likely due to the fact that she was never given any blood thinners before the procedure. Less than a month after the procedure her heart returned to atrial fib, so I took her to see Dr. Czajka, since she was unable to drive as a result of the stroke. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and the nurse who took us to the room was very nice as well. However Dr. Czajka was not only rude, he seemed to have no clue about my mom's case. He entered the room (didn't bother to say hi or introduce himself to me) immediately suggesting the drug therapy that she had already done. What is worse is that he had no knowledge of her stroke, eventhough both of these things were in her file which he was holding. I asked what I though were normal questions: Is it okay for her to be alone, what are the risks of being in atrial fib, do we know what is causing the attrial fib, etc. He seemed completely annoyed and basically said that my mom and been through this before and that she knows the answers to those questions. He finally recommended he refer her to a doc in columbus to have the cardio ablation. He did not change any of her meds and showed no consideration for her immediate pain and discomfort. Upon leaving the office, I decided to call and ask that they check around to find the electrophysicist that could get her in soonest because she was unable to do PT and OT (which was very important in recovering from the stroke) while she was in atrial fib. The person who answered the phone said that they don't call numberous places and was very rude to me even after I explained that it was a time sensitive matter (the more time that passed, the less likely she is to regain the mobility that she lost from the strok). Dr. Czajka called me back and after basically refusing to check with any other Doctors to see who could get her in soonest, he went so far as to say "I just want the best care for her, isn't that what you want, don't you want the best care for her." I was appalled. We received a call the following day from the doc he had referred her to, stating that her appointment was nearly a month away. My mom was nearly in tears telling me that there was no way that she could stay in this condition for that long. Dr. Czajka was the rudest, most inconsiderate Dr. I have ever encountered. I would never ever recommend him to anyone.