Ophthalmologist

4020 21st St
Ste 3
Lubbock, TX 79410
806-797-6697
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Doctor, Great Stafff, I Recommend Him Highly  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

This was a great experience. Dr. Boothe was kind and you know he cares about you. Having you eyes checked is a very difficult process because there are no machines that simply tell you what you need and you need to be able to communicate with the doctor. Dr. Boothe will push you until you have the very best results possible. Sometimes this is hard but you know he is doing it for your best interest. He has treated me and my family for years and every year it is a great experience with him as well as his staff. The are outstanding and explain inusrance, exams and my personal care in an excellent way. Thanks, Dr. Boothe you are the best.

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

I feel about eye exams what most people feel when they go to the dentist. I really do not like having things around my eyes. Dr. Boothe listened to my concerns and treated me with a gentle hand. He made an experience I try to avoid more than bearable; it was a pleasant experience. The staff was also very accommodating. My wait time was short, and I felt that the staff and Dr. Boothe spent an appropriate amount of time with me. Overall, I am very pleased with Dr. Boothe as my physician. I would highly recommend him.

Feb 15th, 2012

Great Experience Every Time. Great, Godly man. He loves children and makes it so easy on them. My whole family has been to see him. We have been seeing him for 30 years. He is always available and very caring. He works so hard to make me see the very best I can. I would recomment him to everyone!

|  Two Thumbs Up  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

Dr. Boothe and his staff are always very welcoming. The wait is short and when Dr. Boothe comes in you have his full attention. Dr. Boothe makes sure that I feel comfortable with my sight when I leave and that my contacts are the best fit. I have been going to him for years and am so thankful that I have the right contacts thanks to his thorough appointments. I absolutely recommend going to Dr. Boothe.

Jan 10th, 2012

Great experience, love his care and sense of humor

|  Great Doctor for whole family  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2011

Dr. Boothe has been our family Ophthalmologist for years. He has always made time for us and worked us in when we have had eye emergencies. My kids LOVE to go see Dr. Boothe and my family and I are proud to have him for our doctor.

Oct 27th, 2011

I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Boothe and find some of these review strange. For instance, "Rachel" is a technician... not an office manager. By the sound of the two terrible reviews, I would guess the "yelled and cussed" is lies and slander (and this illegal). I have regularly see Dr. Boothe for more than 10 years and have never seen any behavior that was less than professional. I would recommend Dr. Boothe and his staff any day.

|  TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCE: HORRIBLE DOCTOR, EVEN WORSE STAFF  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2011

My entire visit to Dr. Boothe's office was traumatic and miserable. First he misdiagnosed me on a hunch and gave me a FAR worse diagnosis to what turned out to be a simple adenovirus, yelled at me because I wasn't responding well to the pain, then sexually harassed my girlfriend but commenting on how "sexy" her butt looked in jeans. Then his staff, in particular the office manager Rachel, filed my insurance wrong and charged over twice what it should have been, then cussed me out and hung up on me without resolving the issue. Not only do I plan on reporting this doctor and his staff, I also plan on suing him for every penny his good-for-nothing practice is worth for malpractice due to the scarring his misdiagnosis has left on my corneas. Do not see this doctor. EVER.

|  Warning: Don't allow a loved one to visit Dr. Boothe  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Dr. Boothe and his staff are incompetent.Rachael won't even allow a message to get to Dr. Boothe, "I'll leave him a message but he won't call you back." Wow, would you trust your eyes to a medical office where the doctor won't allow his staff to hear from patients? After three visits and a missdiagnosis, the doctor can't speak with you.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

Doctor Boothe is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. He truly cares about his patients and goes out of his way to call them at night, on weekends or when necessary. He helped save my wife's eyesight many years ago and we have been going to him ever since. Great guy!

|  Cruel and Mean  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

Dr. Booth followed the usual routine of eye examine until I was unable to determine which lens adjustment was better. I told Dr. Booth that I was unsure which lens was clearer, Dr. Booth violently ripped the equipment away from my face and in an aggressive and hostile fashion yelled, "That is not a choice, now you tell me which one is better."This doctor not only scared, insulted and hurt me but also verbally assaulted me and countless other patients.

|  If you have a problem (or confusion, or mistake in your paperwork from your referring physician), expect to be mistreated  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

Dr. Boothe is a fine physician. His care was good, and he was very nice. However, his office staff is another story. What should have been a minor mistake in an insurance referral situation has turned into a horrible patient experience for me. The Office Manager is the most unkind, short-tempered, and belligerent "professional" that I have ever had to deal with. Instead of listening and trying to resolve a what should have been a simple problem, she got angry and even hung up on me!!!! I have never in my life had an experience like this, and of course, I will be finding a new eye doctor. I regret for Dr. Boothe that he has staff like this working with his patients. So if you have a problem (or confusion, or mistake in your paperwork from your referring physician), expect to be mistreated and bullied (to the point that I even cried after she hung up on me). Terrible.

|  Sandra  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

Great care, great staff, great doctor.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

My experience as a patient of Dr. Boothe was a very enjoyable and caring but professional experience. It was nice to go into a doctor's office and be treated as a real person instead of a name on a schedule. The staff was professional, as one would expect in any office that routinely handles issues of health, but they also genuinely cared about how I was doing that day and how I was feeling. I even had a 10 minute conversation with the lady who checked me out after my appointment! I can think of nothing that Dr. Boothe or his staff did not do in making me feel comfortable (you try having someone poke at your eyes or give you dilation eye drops and not feel uneasy), or looked over as I explained what I had been experiencing. Not only did Dr. Boothe listen to every word I had to say, he also took it into consideration as he examined my eyes. I've never had a doctor actually listen to me before that! His staff was just as considerate when I explained my unease of driving with my eyes dilated and even invited me to stay until I felt comfortable leaving. Overall, my experience as a patient of Dr. Boothe was an enjoyable one, and I plan to remain one of his patients for as long as he is in practice.

Nov 5th, 2009

This guy is an arrogant, egotistical person that does not know how to deal with people. He comes across as God's gift to patients. I don't criticize his medical ability, but he needs to go back to school and learn how to deal with people!