Dr. William Lawrence MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Fort Worth, TX

• Good
  • Bad

January 22nd, 2016
Dr Lawrence was my physician for more than 10 years. He was an excellent physician for me. He was understanding and always listened and respected my opinion. When we did not agree he would explain why and always maintained an open dialog. I always felt like I was an active participant in my health care. He was genuinely caring and followed up with me when I was having especially difficult times. He allows patients to text when it is about a clinical matter and he always responded to me in a timely way. I have moved away from the Fort Worth area and am now trying to find a new physician which is always difficult. He really has no staff. His wife is the person with whom you schedule appointments and she is not always easy to reach and does not always return calls. He does not take insurance. Both of these things prevent me from giving an overall score of 5 stars, but as far as the quality of this physician, I truly believe he is one of the best. I am an RN and have had bipolar disorder for many years.

March 28th, 2011
Have used the doc for over 20 years. I had to find a replacement doc as it was impossible to get an appnt. His office staff does not return calls even after I left Numerous messages. It took me nearly six months to get into see him after my last appnt last year. He is a great doc, great knowlegde of bipolar, anxiety disorder. Wonderfull bed side manner.All the knowledge is worthless if you cannot get in to see him! I found out he is working full time at another psych hospital in Dallas. I think this has decresed his ability to serve his main stream patients. I'm sorry I had to go else where for my mental health care. I really did like him as a physician knoweledgable of bipolar, anxiety disorders and PTD.

December 28th, 2010
Hope this helps Amy S.
Amy, I'm not sure if you'll see this but just to let you know he isn't ignoring you! I've had the same issue recently and finally when I got a hold of him, his secretary told me he's now working full-time training MD students at a university. Consequently, he only takes patients once a week so now imstead of having 40-50 hours a week to see patients, he now has 8. Hope that makes you feel better!

December 11th, 2010
I feel like he is avoiding me???
I do not understand. I was a patient of is years ago and I got better...Dr Lawence saved my life. Now, things are going all wrong again in my life I need him so much right now but he will not return my calls. I do not know what to do....I finally went into his office and waited for him to come out. He had to talk to me, then he told me he is not taking patients at this time. It just sucks b/c he was so good when I had him.

October 6th, 2010
Awesome doctor, seriously.

February 14th, 2010
the best
the most carring DR ever.

March 4th, 2009
Best Brain Chemist in the north Tx area
Dr.Lawrence is the best psychiatrist in the area. Use to be quick to get in but his practice has grown and now it takes a couple of weeks. Wait time is a pain, but once with the Dr. he gives you undivided attention. His personality is calm and caring, very thorough with the whole story of what is going on. Best at diagnosis, not everyone has the same diagnosis and he uses different meds per person. I completely trust him.

December 9th, 2008
bad doctor alert
Just keep in mind that this doctor will not let you talk about another doctor. He is very rude and even tells you to be quiet. You asked me if that was all, after I shared about a doctor who did surgery on me without any anesthesia. Next time I will defend myself and the doctor can go for psychiatric help.

June 19th, 2008