Dr. William Rubin MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Bellingham, WA

September 1st, 2015
Get a 2nd opinion and not from Rubin
This doctor told me I had incurable cancer and only a few months to live. Even though he had trained at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, he neglected to inform me of treatment and experimental studies taking place there. I found out during a support group for multiple myeloma patients that I was not the only patient he had given a death sentence to when there was and IS good treatment at Fred Hutch/Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. I will never forget his cavalier treatment of me and what I can only assume was sheer laziness in that he didn't suggest any options for me. In addition, because he also neglected to do standard MM care, I suffered lung and heart damage. In 2000, Dr. Rubin said I may have 18 - 24 months. Because I did my OWN RESEARCH, I am still alive and well in 2015. I will never forget or forgive. Please, please, get a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion, and please have one of them be at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.

April 20th, 2014
Dr. Rubin clearly knows his stuff, unfortunately he appears to feel that what he knows is beyond your comprehension. He comes across as condescending at a time when you are trying to understand everything about your condition. Someone else mentioned his big hug, I find the hugs to be uncomfortable as he only does them when my husband is not with me. Although I think he is a good doctor, I am not comfortable with him.

August 21st, 2013
Amazing Doctor
When you have to go to an oncologist, it's not a great moment in your life. I was fortunate to find Dr. Rubin. I met with an oncologist immediately prior to my meeting with Dr. Rubin and was not happy, so I was wary when meeting with Dr. Rubin. The first thing he did was hug me and tell me it was going to be okay. I needed that at that traumatic time in my life. I have been seeing him for almost 8 years now and he listens to me every time I see him. While I was going through Chemo, I was having pain in my upper abdomen and it was causing me to have a hard time breathing. I had an appointment with him one morning, early, and we discussed this problem, but he couldn't figure out what was wrong. That night, at about 9 pm, he called me and asked if I was getting the pain after my Neulasta shot. He had figured out that the Neulasta, which has a side effect of damaging your spleen, was causing my pain and he took me off the medication. I was impressed that obviously my issue had been on his mind all day and once I left his office, my problems weren't forgotten. I credit this man for saving my life and I highly reccommend him.

August 14th, 2013
Great Doctor!
Dr. Rubin is an excellent oncologist, he listens to what I am saying, he is kind and compassionate, he is an awesome Dr.