Dr. William Debuys Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. William Debuys?

Dr. deBuys...you need to be every Dr. my son sees!

Posted on February 23rd, 2011

I met Dr. deBuys when my son was 7 weeks old and at St. E for a respiratory virus. He was having a hard time breathing. Dr. deBuys would NOT leave his bedside because he thought for sure they would have to do CPR on the little fellow. My husband and I were extremely frustrated with the medical staff at St. E and I think Dr. deBuys could tell. There was nothing but comfort and confidence once he walked in the room and suggested a transport to Children's. Four years later my son still has asthma and is seen quite a bit for everything. I try to schedule with Dr. deBuys every chance I get. When I tell my son we are going to the doctor he asks if it is Dr. deBuys. If I tell him no he asks if the doctor is just as nice! There have been several evenings Dr. deBuys has stayed in the office to do whatever he could to prevent a hospital trip...I mean like 7pm! Every child should have a doctor like him!

Called to be a Pediatrician

Posted on February 8th, 2011

In all the many times that I have encountered the healthcare system, I have yet to find a more compassionate and genuinely talented doctor. Dr. DeBuys entered our lives as the doc on call for our pediatric group the night our second son was born. Our newborn was exhibiting signs respiratory difficulty and was taken to the nursery for observation. The nurse ran an x-ray and called Dr. DeBuys with her thoughts (it looked normal with a very small oddity with his airway). This oddity concerned the nurse and Dr. DeBuys was receptive to her concern and came on in to the hospital to see the little guy. After reviewing the x-ray and some observation, Dr. DeBuys formulated a hypothesis that our son may have TEF (a birth defect that would require surgical correction). Though not having ever seen a case of this before, he was spot on. Radiology tests at Children's the next day revealed that he did in fact have TEF. They were able to perform surgery on him shortly after that and after recovery, we brought home a perfectly healthy little boy.

Posted on February 17th, 2017