Dr. William Dennison Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Dennison?

June 29th, 2017

After thinking that he was going to try to help me feel better, he put me on one medication. Increased it once and said that it seemed to help my fatigue, it didn't, and that I seemed to be handling the pain, and I wasn't.

August 12th, 2015

Can I actually give a negative star rating????

I found it funny that the person with lupus was told they didn't have it. So was I, although I was not definitively Dx with it, only autoimmune and connective tissue disease. I was hoping to be Dx because it had been getting very bad. He discounted every symptom and positive blood test. ( I had high ESR, pos. ANA, anti-ds-DNA, and anti-RO.) Once I realized that he would ignore me, I stopped trying to push it and tried to gain his favor. As he thought I understood him, he shared more that he should have. He told me, as tobacco juice fell from his mouth, that he KNEW that there was no way that I could have lupus since only black women get lupus! Seriously. He then offered me Prozac for my autoimmune disorder. I left my reg doc at HIMG there as well because he didn't believe me since Dennison didn't put that in the case note. It IS what came out of his mouth however. I think that a review of his patients should be in order and it would be interesting to see how many patients he has Dx with lupus who are not black women.

January 26th, 2015

Dr Dennison always takes time to explain every thing to you very kind and nice.

November 10th, 2014

Exceptional

He is professional, skilled, serious about all aspects of his patients well being, and family. He has given me excellent care for over 10 years, through numerous health crisises. He identified a spot on my spouses face as basil carcinoma & gave him a referral. He was correct. I trust him with my life, and consult with him on all health procedures prior to consenting to them. He speaks to me as an intelligent adult active partner in my health care

September 10th, 2013

Rude and condescending

He was exceptionally rude from the time he walked in and made it very clear that I was a waste of time. He belittled me and the FNP who referred me, pretty low considering my provider also works at HIMG. I typically wouldn't take t time to write a review but I would hope that others would read this and avoid the harassment I endured. I am strongly considering filing a formal complaint on him as no one deserves to be treated this way. It's quite obvious he's a miserable individual, I pray hat God restores his compassion so that he may have a positive impact on patients. I left his office feeling hopeless and insignificant, it's a bad reflection on HIMG that they allow such unprofessionalism. I should also add that he failed to acknowledge my 3yo daughter and husband until the end of the visit and that was only to suggest they were intruders.

August 30th, 2013

I was told by a good source that Dr.Dennison was wonderful and well worth seeing for my arthritis and Fibromyalgia. My regular Dr. sent in my records for review. I waited for 3 weeks and called as did my Dr.'s nurse. We were told he had been on Vacation and had not looked at them yet. We waited another 3 almost 4 weeks and heard nothing. I called and was put on hold then told that I was denied by the dr. and that it was faxed to my dr. I have a close relationship with my Dr. and was assured that no fax was sent. I am so very disappointed as I was told he was accepting new patients.

September 6th, 2012

Arrogant and flip

May 22nd, 2012

Dissapointed every visit.

April 25th, 2011

A Rheumatologist Not Recommended

Dr. Dennison acted each time that I saw him as if it was the very first visit. He told me that he didn't rely on labs to treat his patients. However, when I told him I had blood work done by another specialist and forgot to bring my copy, he was upset he didn't see it. He told me that I didn't have systemic lupus which I had been diagnosed by a previous rheumatologist and other specialists. I had received treatment for lupus 22 years before seeing him the first time. Although he offered no real help in treating my lupus, he criticized all that the previous rheumatologist did in my medical care. I informed him that her knowledge and good medical skills had helped saved my life on more than one occasion when I had vasculitis of the brain and ischemia due to the lupus. She was now retired and she had been his colleague who had practiced in the same medical center. Even though he said he didn't pay attention to blood tests, he ordered them. I called and asked him to call me back regarding the latest blood test results. He did and then I told him about working with my other specialists. He told me that I needed to find another rheumatologist who could work with them.It is sad that he is a poor reflection on the medical center he practices. I do not recommend him as a rheumatologist, and especially for a person who has active moderate to severe systemic lupus.

February 6th, 2011

Professional, Exceptional

Very professional, through, and accurate in assessment, treatment, and patient care. If he was the standard, few physicians would meet the standard he uses on a daily basis.

January 6th, 2010

Consumate professional who showed genuine interest in me and my problem, and did not overlook the effect my problem was having on my personal life! I would recommend him without reservation to anyone needing a rheumatologist in Huntington, WV!

September 14th, 2017