Dr. William Dobkin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Dobkin?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 30th, 2015

Had L5 fusion in 2008. Since then no pain no problems after surgery. Dr Dobkin was fantastic.

April 10th, 2014

Craniotomy Removal of Meningioma

My 32-year-old daugher was recently diagnosed with having a Meningioma @ the Hoag ER after she was misdiagnosed at another area hospital with having psych problems. Dr. Dobkin was the neuro surgeon on call. She was admitted right away in the Neuro ICU and prepped for surgery. Dr. Dobkin was gracious in explaining the tumor to my son, husband and I. Surgery was performed successfully by the doctor. He checked on her everyday at the hospital and has been very kind and personable in establishing a relationship with my daughter. I would recommend him to anyone needing a serious surgery. He knows his stuff and is a very blessed doctor. He is our HERO...Thank you again & again Dr. Dobkin.

October 25th, 2013

My quality of life

Dr. Dobkin is an excellent compassionate surgeon who I attribute to giving me my mobility and alleviating the debilitating pain I had endured for over 6 months prior to having surgery. After performing my surgery Hoag, Dr.Dobkin made it a point to stop by daily to check on me. I have had numerous other surgeries and never has a surgeon showed that much attention post op. My family was also pleased with his response questions and being kept informed of my condition and recovery. I gladly recommend him. Thank you again

March 5th, 2013

Ever since Dr. Dobkin performed a lumbar fusion on me I have been in horrible pain. I woke up from my first surgery screaming in pain. I continued screaming for 2 days until the nurses and pain management at Hoag were able to help me with adequate pain meds. Sadly I left the hospital on a fentanyl patch, and continued on the fentanyl patch at50 mcg for the next 6 months until Dr. Dobkin figured out my hardware was loose. I had a revision surgery anterior and posterior fusion with hardware. (they went thru the front of my abdomen and placed hardware on one side, them thru my back and placed hardware on the backside of my spine) this time I left the hospital on the 75 mcg fentanyl patch. I don't know what happened, except that my pain is 900% worse after Dr.Dobkin performed surgery on me.

July 31st, 2012

The Nurse Terry.

Dr. Dobkin is a great doctor. He does however need to manage his staff. The woman at the front desk by the name of Terry is extremely rude. Be very careful with her as she is a ticking time bomb. She accused and yelled at my wife in the waiting room in front of everyone right after her surgery. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

December 27th, 2011

Wonderful Dr!

He is a wonderful caring Dr. I would recommend him to anyone. He saved my life.

December 1st, 2010

he left a pin in my spine requiring a painful surgery to remove it

my cervical spinal surgergy ended in a broken screw and more surgery with continuous pain now 7 years later

August 3rd, 2010

He saved my Life

At 72 years, I had waited much too long to have my severeScoliosis taken care of - my spine was in the shape of an S.Dr. Dobkin was the most caring doctor I have ever seen.I was in the Hospital 6 weeks, two surgeries, and he was at my bedside everyday, to check on me and say "hello".And his office staff, Melissa and Terry, are the best.Dr. Dobkin saved my life, I am pain free, he is the BEST.

March 15th, 2010

A FIRST RATE NEUROSURGEON

MY ANTERIOR CERVICAL FUSION DONE AT USC DID NOT FUSE, REQUIRING A POSTERIOR CERVICAL FUSION AT UCLA. I CONTINUED TO HAVE PAIN. I SAW DR. BROWN WHO ORDERED A CERVICAL MYLEOGRAM AND CT SCAN, SHOWING A PROBLEM AT ANOTHER LEVEL, AND HE REFERRED ME TO DR. DOBKIN. DR. DOBKIN ORDERED A DISCOGRAM WHICH WAS POSITIVE AT THE OTHER LEVEL, AND OPERATED AT THAT LEVEL. MY PAIN IS GREATLY REDUCED. DR. DOBKIN IS NOW HELPING ME FIGHT MY INSURANCE COMPANY.

September 10th, 2009

The only Dr. I would allow to touch my back!

I highly recommend Dr. Dobkin as a surgeon. In 2001 I entered the ER dragging my right leg and after surgery (w/Physical Therapy) I was able to walk again. Five months ago, I unfortunately, needed to have an additional fusion on my back, on a different level. Thank God I was a able to have Dr. Dobkin to perform my second surgery. I knew I would be in safe hands. Recovery is going well!

December 13th, 2008

Shunts in head to drain spinal fluids and later surgery.

This magnificent doctor saved my daughters life with his great skills and knowledge.

October 4th, 2008

Excellent surgeon

Dr. Dobkin's tenacity in diagnostic surgical procedures and tremendous patient care and responsibility is awesome. Every patient is fortunate to have Dr. Dobkin on their side.