A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Austin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Austin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Austin
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Austin, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 36 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acute Abdominal Pain
- Barrett Esophagus
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Clostridium Infections
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Colon Diverticulum
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Colonic Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Signs and Symptoms
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Austin graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond.
Dr. Austin has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Medical Park Hospital
- Forsyth Medical Center
- Select Specialty Hospital-Winston Salem
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Elliott Austin MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. William E. Austin practice?
- Dr. William Austin has 3 office locations.
Dr. William Austin practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Winston Salem, NC.
See Winston Salem Internists and Winston Salem Gastroenterologists.