Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Posterchild for Sinus Surgery show details Posterchild for Sinus Surgery
Apr 21st, 2015

All that really matters is that Dr. Barfield's sinus surgery on me was nothing short of a miracle. Before surgery, I had been on cortisone and antibiotics for most of the preceding two years. After surgery I was symptom free. I took no pain medication post surgery and was largely recovered after two weeks. At three months I have a beautiful straight nose and breathing is effortless.

Great E.N.T. Dr. show details Great E.N.T. Dr.
by Susan M. Kitchens on Feb 19th, 2013

Dr. Barfield is one of the best I have ever encountered,his kindness,he has done 2 eye surgeries on me and I am so pleased with him as a E.N.T. I would recomend him to any one! Trust means alot to me when I see a Dr.:) I Would Rate Him A 20 instead Of A 10,He's That Good:) In Fact I Am Taking My Grandaughter,Claire To Him In A Wk For Allergies She Has Been Battleing With For Years, she is 12yrs,I Trust him,and Know He Will Help Her With This. I Watched The Dr.'s On T.V. & One Said One Time,It Is Bed-Side-Manners That Makes A Patient At Ease!Sit On The Bed And Talk Tp Patient,Not Stand Up & Look Down At Us!Guess What? He Does Sit Down On The Bed And Decuss What He Is Doing,and He Is Concern With U At That Time To Make U At Ease Before Surgery.

Skills vs. personality show details Skills vs. personality
Sep 15th, 2011

He's got excellent surgical skills, but comes across to patients as arrogant, rushed, and a bit blaise about procedures (almost as if he's bored by them). Hospital could not reach him for 2 hours (he was "at lunch") when our family patient had unexpected fainting and nausea, needing further treatment. He at least needs to allow a colleague to be a backup or on call.

Aug 11th, 2010