A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Downey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Downey is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Downey, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Downey graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Downey has 12 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - Charlotte
- Carolinas Medical Center - Union
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Edward Downey MD is a male Internist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. William E. Downey practice?
- Dr. William Downey has 7 office locations.
Dr. William Downey practices Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Charlotte, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Greensboro, NC and Lincolnton, NC.
See Charlotte Cardiologists.