A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Downey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Downey is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Downey
High Cholesterol Patient Education Your patient education guide for reducing high cholesterol (hypercholetserolemia) levels. HDL, LDL and triglycerides explained.Before Visiting Dr. Downey Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Downey, MD, MS is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Downey graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Downey has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Carolinas Medical Center - Union
- University Hospital - Charlotte
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Edward Downey MD and MS is a male Internist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. William E. Downey practice?
- Dr. William Downey has 4 office locations.
Dr. William Downey practices Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Charlotte, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Greensboro, NC.
See Charlotte Cardiologists.