A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Garrett:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Garrett is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Garrett, MD, PHD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Tendon Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Garrett graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Garrett has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- Duke University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Garrett accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans