A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Garrett:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Garrett is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Garrett
Fibromyalgia Patient Education Learn all about Fibromyalgia, common symptoms and pain disorders related to this condition with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Garrett Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Garrett, MD, PHD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Tendon Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Garrett graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Garrett has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Elwood Garrett MD and PHD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. William E. Garrett practice?
- Dr. William Garrett has 5 office locations.
Dr. William Garrett practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Raleigh, NC.
See Durham Orthopedic Surgeons.