William Krauss Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen William Krauss?

A life saver . . .

Posted on April 24th, 2017

Have spinal syrinx which Dr. Krause performed surgeries twice over a 20 year period. He stopped the loss of body function and am forever indebted to his surgical skills. He is reserved which takes a bit to get used to, but his assistant makes up for this. Mayo is ranked #1 in Neurosurgery in the United States - Dr. Krause is one of the reasons. Would not hesitate to have him perform surgery again if the syrinx develops again.

Patient

Posted on September 2nd, 2016

A top flight, fantastic surgeon so if you desperately need a great neurosurgeon, he's your man. He is a very reserved individual, who is serious which you would expect, and a bit of an introvert but he is a very compassionate man and actually does warm up a lot once you get to know him so don't let his very quiet demeanor concern you.

Posted on April 8th, 2016

Don't know how a doctor could be any better. Performed very long and complicated spinal cord tumor surgery several years ago. Other doctors refused to perform the surgery and as far as I'm concerned Dr. krauss and his staff saved my life !! I don't have the words to fully explain my respect and thanks to the mirical doctor.

Posted on April 18th, 2013

Dr Krauss was absolutely amazing! He preformed a T11-T12 shunt in a cyst that was causing severe pressure on my nerves! My legs were tingling and numb at times. Sometimes causing weakness. After listening to me completely and asking questions, Dr Krauss adv me that surgery had some risks but was confident that he could help me! My surgery went perfect except some nerve reaction to right foot but I am almost completely healed and loving feeling healthy! Dr Krauss and his entire staff - the doctors, nurses and pain service team at St. Mary's Hospital were amazing! I feel so amazingly blessed to have found Dr Krauss and I won't need a wheelchair in my future! Dr Krauss has called personally to check on my recovery which in todays health care you don't find anymore! Thank you Dr Krauss for taking on my surgery and the love and attention that I received before, during and after! My husband thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You are all angels in my life!

High Expectations! Beware!

Posted on March 28th, 2013

No! I'd never see him again! Unless you are a case that may catch his interest or the condition you have in your spine is incredibly rare, he will dismiss you without a 2 thought! He may be a miracle surgeon for some cases, but he was less than kind or patient with me. I left with no questions answered. The appointment was less than 10 minutes!!!! The Mayo's reputation sure doesn't reflect the likes of this arrogant doctor! Beware!!!!

Avoid this surgeon!

Posted on August 1st, 2012

After two cervical spinal surgeries (a second one to attempt to fix the first botched surgery), I am 100 times worse than before the surgery. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't go to Mayo or Dr. Krauss.

Posted on July 22nd, 2011

Dr. Krauss performed my cervical spine surgery. I would highly recommend him. He is a very competent surgeon. I would have liked him to spend more time with me after my surgery explaining what he found and did to fix the problem. He did answer all my questions and spent time doing so.

Posted on August 2nd, 2010

Dr. Kraus is a phenomenal surgeon. If you need a "warm & fuzzy" doctor, he's not the one. However, most excellent surgeons are not. They are quire serious, as it should be with Dr. Kraus given the delicate nature of his surgeries. He's quite knowledgeable & professional. He actually has a nice bedside manner in is own quirky way and he's very concerned about his patients. I highly recommend him!

Excellent Surgeon

Posted on July 20th, 2010

Dr. Krauss is an incredible surgeon. My results were as stated and pain is totally gone!

No miracle here

Posted on June 4th, 2008

He may be a good surgeon but poor and cold communicator to his patients. It's his way or the highway...Shocking......

Posted on October 19th, 2017