Dr. William Krauss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 2nd, 2016
Patient
A top flight, fantastic surgeon so if you desperately need a great neurosurgeon, he's your man. He is a very reserved individual, who is serious which you would expect, and a bit of an introvert but he is a very compassionate man and actually does warm up a lot once you get to know him so don't let his very quiet demeanor concern you.

April 7th, 2016
Don't know how a doctor could be any better. Performed very long and complicated spinal cord tumor surgery several years ago. Other doctors refused to perform the surgery and as far as I'm concerned Dr. krauss and his staff saved my life !! I don't have the words to fully explain my respect and thanks to the mirical doctor.

April 17th, 2013
Dr Krauss was absolutely amazing! He preformed a T11-T12 shunt in a cyst that was causing severe pressure on my nerves! My legs were tingling and numb at times. Sometimes causing weakness. After listening to me completely and asking questions, Dr Krauss adv me that surgery had some risks but was confident that he could help me! My surgery went perfect except some nerve reaction to right foot but I am almost completely healed and loving feeling healthy! Dr Krauss and his entire staff - the doctors, nurses and pain service team at St. Mary's Hospital were amazing! I feel so amazingly blessed to have found Dr Krauss and I won't need a wheelchair in my future! Dr Krauss has called personally to check on my recovery which in todays health care you don't find anymore! Thank you Dr Krauss for taking on my surgery and the love and attention that I received before, during and after! My husband thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You are all angels in my life!

March 28th, 2013
High Expectations! Beware!
No! I'd never see him again! Unless you are a case that may catch his interest or the condition you have in your spine is incredibly rare, he will dismiss you without a 2 thought! He may be a miracle surgeon for some cases, but he was less than kind or patient with me. I left with no questions answered. The appointment was less than 10 minutes!!!! The Mayo's reputation sure doesn't reflect the likes of this arrogant doctor! Beware!!!!

August 1st, 2012
Avoid this surgeon!
After two cervical spinal surgeries (a second one to attempt to fix the first botched surgery), I am 100 times worse than before the surgery. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't go to Mayo or Dr. Krauss.

July 22nd, 2011
Dr. Krauss performed my cervical spine surgery. I would highly recommend him. He is a very competent surgeon. I would have liked him to spend more time with me after my surgery explaining what he found and did to fix the problem. He did answer all my questions and spent time doing so.

August 2nd, 2010
Dr. Kraus is a phenomenal surgeon. If you need a "warm & fuzzy" doctor, he's not the one. However, most excellent surgeons are not. They are quire serious, as it should be with Dr. Kraus given the delicate nature of his surgeries. He's quite knowledgeable & professional. He actually has a nice bedside manner in is own quirky way and he's very concerned about his patients. I highly recommend him!

July 20th, 2010
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Krauss is an incredible surgeon. My results were as stated and pain is totally gone!

June 3rd, 2008
No miracle here
He may be a good surgeon but poor and cold communicator to his patients. It's his way or the highway...Shocking......