Overall Review

October 26th, 2016
The Best
Doc, if it wasn't for You I wouldn't be here to type this today. My surgery was complicated and lasted almost 12 hours. I will never have the words to express my gratitude as well as that of my family. You were able to do what all others said couldn't be done. Thank you.

July 15th, 2016
I couldn't have ask for a better surgeon. Dr. Sumner is the best! He takes his time and answers any questions you might have. He is not in a hurry and is a very caring person. Always on time!

November 8th, 2015
My wife was diagnosed with stomach cancer and was referred to Dr. Sumner to discuss surgery options. She was very ill and the 1 hour drive to Dr. Sumner's office was very uncomfortable for her. When we arrived it was clear the the Dr. did very little research into her case. In fact, his first question upon entering the treatment room, was "why are you here?". When we told him he reached out to the referring Dr. via cellphone and in 5 minutes informed us that the cancer was not survivable and surgery was not an option. My wife was about to begin chemo and radiation treatments that day and he essentially dashed all hope. As bad as the message was, his attitude and approach were extremely cavalier and matter of fact. We walk out of his office in shock, we had not heard anything this dire from her other Dr's. Needless to say, we would never go back to this guy and recommend that you run don't walk from him if referred. He may be a good surgeon but he should be allowed to confer with patients.

May 21st, 2015
First and only ,Surgeon / Doctor ,that is willing to help me . It took me 8-years to find him . In pain all this time with complications from a hernia repair .

May 16th, 2013
Great doctor
I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and Dr. Sumner was my surgeon. He is professional, easy to communicate with. Awesome bedside manner. Always felt like I could ask anything and he would have the answer. Would recommend him without hesitation.