A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Eckerd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Eckerd is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Eckerd
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Eckerd Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Eckerd, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Eckerd graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem.
Dr. Eckerd has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Griffin Hospital
- Norwalk Hospital Association
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Marcus Eckerd MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. William M. Eckerd practice?
- Dr. William Eckerd has 1 office location.
Dr. William Eckerd practices Psychiatry near Middletown, CT.
See Middletown Psychiatrists.