Dr. Douglas Edgren MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 20th, 2015
I had to ask for a chest x-ray after being diagnosed with pneumonia and my brother having died of lung cancer. Dr. Seemed ambivilant about it and said he wasn't looking for cancer. I did receive an antibiotic but may never go back.

August 30th, 2013
bad nurse ruins practice
The initial fee for opoid dependence treatment for dr. Edgren is standard two hundred dollars. However he mandated another visit for me within just two weeks which was unusual and another hundred dollars cash. Ok the doctor knows best right? Well I have a problem with the pharmacy in which I can only pick up my prescription 5 times and considering its ten dollars a pill and iam required to take two a day you can see where it would be hard to buy my entire prescription in cash in only five visits. So I inform this nurse who handles prescriptions and she writes me anotherprescription after I beg and plead, also please keep in mind without my prescription meds I will suffer withdrawal symptoms. So time goes by and I sure enough can only pick up a few at a time so I go thru my five pick ups. I call the nurse same one and tell her what happened again while apologizing profusely for any inconvienience I am causing And she says she wil call me back and nevef does so I head to the office because without a new prescription I cannot pick up any more meds. Now I have been taking the right amount and still had pills left on my script I just couldn't afford to get to many at once.so iam at the office and the nurse tells.me that she will not write me another script because she doesn't have time for me. Now this nurse has hung up on me several times while I am thanking her for her time and is always rude on the phone. This nurse tells me she won't help me and if I want even one minute of the doctors time I would have to pay another hundred dollars, after I just paid three hundred dollars in two weeks time he wouldn't give me one minute of his time. Conclusion is dr. Edgren cares little for his patients and a whole lot about squeezing any money out of his patients who can ill afford such treatment. When my sister called to express her outrage at my mistreatment the rude nurse told herand I quote hey this is a business. This is true but it is also true this nurse and doctor team care little for the oath all doctors take. Stay away from this doctors office if you want someone who gives cares at all about your well being. Note I notice he has good reviews for short waiting times and considering this nurse on staff and this doctors lack of compassion it s easy to see why. P.s one hundred dollars gets you about ten minutes of this "doctors"time

September 11th, 2012
Doctor and staff very polite and friendly. Very short wait time, and I got an appointment the next day. Will reccommend him to friends.

August 14th, 2012
you could do better
waited five days for my heart medication and finally had to call my cardiologist to fill it for me. It is medicine to regulate my heartbeat that I have to take every day that I could not take because no one in his office could take five seconds to email the pharmacy.

July 18th, 2012
Ms
I can't say enough about Dr. Edgren and his staff. He is very attentive to my concerns regarding health issues and well-being. He's never ...

July 12th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Dr Edgren gives excellent care to my family and me.