A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Ellis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Ellis, FACS, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Ellis graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Ellis has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
- Doctors Medical Center - San Pablo
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ellis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan