A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Ellis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ellis
Hysterectomy Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about hysterectomy operations and types of procedures for removal of the uterus.Before Visiting Dr. Ellis Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Chronic Dry Eye
Diabetic Macular Edema
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Ellis, FACS, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Ellis graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Ellis has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Ellis FACS and MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Urology.
- Where does Dr. William Ellis practice?
- Dr. William Ellis has 6 office locations.
Dr. William Ellis practices Ophthalmology and Urology near El Cerrito, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Francisco, CA and Walnut Creek, CA.
See El Cerrito Ophthalmologists and El Cerrito Urologists.