Dr. William Ericson Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Mountlake Terrace, WA

3.9

September 12th, 2015
Miracle Cure for My Forearm & Wrist Pain
After suffering 15 years of intense wrist and forearm pain due to repetitive stress, Dr. Ericson was able to properly diagnose and cure me! Before meeting him, I sought treatment from various doctors and physical therapists with various specialties from UW Medicine, Everett Clinic, Seattle Hand Surgery Group, among others to no avail and thought I would forever live in pain until someone highly encouraged me to give Dr. Ericson a try. Dr. Ericson took extensive time to diagnose me and explain why my conditions were so hard to identify (he suffered from repetitive stress injuries until he self-diagnosed himself), and detailed what he could do surgically to fix my arms. He diagnosed and treated me for a partially dislocated wrist (I am loose jointed which made me more prone to this injury), a partially torn finger, tendonitis, nerve entrapment at elbow and forearm, scar tissue buildup, and ganglion cysts. As soon as I awoke from the operating table I could tell something was different. My wrists felt stronger, more powerful and indeed they were! I regained strength long lost and am able to do activities such as typing and weight lifting practically pain free. Recovery was fast (Dr. Ericson reported patients having surgery on Friday and being able to work the following Monday, though I would suggest taking a week or two off if you are able to). The pain from surgery got better each day and was completely gone in 30 days. I had surgery on my left arm 30 days after surgery on my right arm which worked out great. Tip: Call your day of appointment to confirm your time, as Dr. Ericson spends a lot of time with his patients and is practically always running significantly late. Would suggest booking a morning appointment to avoid this.

August 21st, 2013
Patient Services Specialist
I had some complex nerve and autoimmune issues in the aftermath of a less-than-successful surgery to repair a complex wrist fracture. with nerve and tendon injury. I was feeling hopelessly damaged and thought I might have to go on disability. Dr Ericson fixed the bad fix, which is always a more difficult problem than the initial one. He also addressed the complex collateral damage and pain. Beyond my surgical needs, he made me aware of other possible hereditary health concerns that need my attention. He is an excellent surgeon and physician;AND a healer and communicator; a combination often hard to find. He also offers innovative procedures not available elsewhere in Washington state, even at the most prestigious of hospitals. The medical community would do well to seek him out as an educator to future medical practitioners. I would not hesitate to give him my highest recommendation.

August 1st, 2012
Nice doc, spends time, but ultimately not for me
I had 3 surgeries with Dr. Ericson. I wish I had gotten a second opinion. He is a great guy and spends an hour with you discussing your problems. Unfortunately, it took another visit to another hand surgeon have done theto fix my thumb. I wish Dr. Ericson would have done bigger surgery to fix it the first time. Also no x-ray services or splint/cast technicians or hand therapy on site so you are constantly running around to these other services. Get a second opinion before agreeing to surgery.

February 20th, 2012
Cured problem other doctors were unable to
For over 15 years I suffered with pain and numbness in my arms and hands to the point that I couldn't work. Various doctors prescribed differing treatments, but nothing helped. One day I saw an article on how Dr. Ericson cured complicated wrist and arm problems.At the first visit he diagnosed my problem, and accurately described my symptoms. Two operations later (one for each arm/hand) I have no pain and I am like new. Recovery was incredibly fast. I had full use of my hands in a week. I would highly recommend Dr.Ericson to anyone with carpal tunnel, trigger finger, numbness or any other problem with their arms and hands.He is very caring and spends as much time as needed to diagnose and explain the problem to you.

February 5th, 2012
I was very happy with Dr. Ericson's diagnosis and surgery of my wrist. I was very confident in his expertise and skill. I was so grateful that he was able to squeeze me in before the end of the year.

August 10th, 2010
If you want THE BEST Hand Doctor, see Dr. Ericson
I had a very complex problem with both of my hands that no other doctor could fix. Well now 20 years later I have hands that work when no other doctor could fix me and it is all because of Dr. Ericson.Sure you may wait a long time in the waiting room but when you understand that you are waiting a bit longer because he takes as much time as you need when YOU are the patient then the waiting to see him will bother you much less. Besides, you get what you pay for and some things are worth the weight. Harvard trained doctor, very intelligent and he can solve hand problems when other doctors are at a loss on what to do for treatment. The only thing I can say about him in a negative light is that HE MOVED TO WASHINGTON...we miss him in Massachusetts. <G>I would trust Dr. Ericson to treat any friend or family member of mine without a doubt.

October 15th, 2009
one of the best I've met reamarkably knows his profesion
his ability to diagnose and treat are above most in his feild (the country)very pleased with his work