Dr. William Essilfie MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Gardena, CA

2.2

April 29th, 2014
Don't Choose this Doctor...
i was looking for a doctor because i was in pain and discomfort. with much regret, i chose dr. esselfie. he turned out to be everything that you don't want in a doctor. he was arrogant, dismissive, cold and rushed. i felt as though i would have received better bedside manner from a radio talk show doctor. he glossed over everything that i felt and i ended up having to go to another doctor because his diagnosis was so vague. steer clear and look for a doctor that actually cares about the people that are in his waiting room.

November 10th, 2011
I recently saw Dr Essilfie at Healthcare Partners in Long Beach, CA and was very happy with his service. Although he is a man of few words, he explained his plan to me and possible outcomes, made a very uncomfortable and embarrassing procedure tolerable by making me feel very at ease, even cracking jokes. As for the diagnosis, he gave me a plan to follow, eased my worries and always answered all of my questions thoroughly. I do not need a lot of hand holding and coddling, so he is perfect for me as a specialist - to the point, educated and returns phone calls promptly, despite his very busy schedule.

June 16th, 2010
He was Not compassionate after explaining what my problems were. Didn't seem to care and seemed like he was in a hurry. After a procedure he wanted to do was denied by my insurance due to lack of information sent on his and his staffs part, He didnt want to help and havnt heard from him since. I am Still dealing with the problems and my Doctor keeps referring me to him which he has no clue what he is doing. They should make him re test for his doctors license and make his take a class in compassion.....

January 18th, 2010
Was arrogant, nasty and less than helpful. He was referred after a hospital visit for IBS. When he entered the exam room he asked "what are you doing here?" We were shocked at that lack of interest, compassion and professionalism. After a few moments, the next comment was "I can't do anyting for you you have IBS." I should have demanded our co-pay back, but we just left the office in disbelief.