Dr. William Farrar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Farrar?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2015

Dr. Farr

Dr. Farr is an outstanding, kind, caring doctor who treats you like a human and not a number. He is the best breast cancer surgeon and does incredible work. I continue to brag on Dr. Farr to all my friends and family, he's the best!

February 17th, 2015

One of the best or maybe the best breast cancer doctor in Ohio.

August 23rd, 2014

I did not receive very good care from this surgeon -- for thyroid cancer -- although he was recommended as very good for the area. I had many problems after surgery -- including a large incision in my neck and throat area -- which did not heal very well. I also have permanent paralysis in my shoulder from nerve damage. These possible problems were never discussed in advance of the surgery, and worse, the doctor would provide no assistance after the problems became apparent. His staff is quite rude and well, and not helpful relaying messages about my side effects and paralysis to the doctor -- I sometimes wonder if this is why he would not follow-up -- but in any case he was informed many times about long term problems and did not help in any way. Only surgery -- then nothing. Overall, I would not recommend this surgeon to others, and this, and the reasons above, is why I provide a low star rating.

July 29th, 2012

I went to Dr. Farrar because of his excellent reputation.At the appointment Dr. Farrar examined me then looked at my MRI and launched into his treatment recommendation and that's when I knew that he NEVER bothered to look at my health records!! He also missed seeing the four scars on my chest during his examination to make any connection to past problems.Disappointing.

July 6th, 2012

Very bad experience. This doctor did not explain my thyroid surgery and did respond to messages when I had questions. Surgery itself was more involved than I had been told it would be -- a radical neck incision -- and I was not provided with follow up prescriptions for the proper level of hormone replacement. I now have long term problems with paralysis in my arm and nerve damage around my face, neck and shoulder, and the doctor refuses to discuss what I can do for this.

June 24th, 2012

Dr. Farrar is a wonderful caring doctor with an excellent supportive staff. I do recommend him and the entire JamesCare medical care facility to those who are interested in cancer prevention and cancer care.

February 23rd, 2012

Tonya Keaton

I just recently had surgury and Dr. Farrar was great. He office staff was great also.

August 18th, 2011

Kind and Caring

I have been a patient of Dr. Farrar since 1982 when he diagnosed me with breast cancer. He has always been readily available to me whenever I needed to contact him. I again was diagnosed with a second breast cancer in 2006. He went out of his way to make sure that I was okay.

June 28th, 2011

TTeachereacherTeacher

Dr. Farrar is completely dedicated to his profession. As a patient one feels the love that he has for his profession and his patients. It is awe-inspiring. The experience of being cared for by this doctor during a critical time, such as chemotherapy, is incredible. Other patients of Dr. Farrar have affirmed my opinion.

April 14th, 2011

Not a good experience. Incomplete diagnosis and poor follow up.

March 11th, 2011

Exceptional Doctor

I am a 6 year breast cancer survivor. He did my surgery in 2004 and did a wonderful job. His bedside manner is remarkable. He takes time with each patient and learns their needs and desires. He is the best doctor anyone could ask for. I would recommend him to anyone. If you are in need of surgery, he is the one to have.

December 13th, 2010

Dr. Farrar saved my life and more

At age 30 and newlywed (one of the first patients in the new OSU Cancer Center), I was diagnosed with metasized malignant melanoma. My survival rate was 20% for the first five years and beause melonama is the "great pretender", I would never be fully out of remission. Dr. Farrar saved my life and encouraged me to accept the reality of my condition - worse case but helped to see how in becoming a "best case" statistic. I chose not to live in fear as my faith was/is strong and my confidence in Dr. Farrar and his team was unquestionable. I wanted to start a family. While Dr. Farrar never said "good idea" - he did empower me to make my own decision. I am the proud mom of a 17 and 15 year olds. I guarentee, this is the Dr. you want caring for you!