Family Practitioner
Baymeadows Healthcare
10058 Baymeadows Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32256
904-636-5400
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Former Patient  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

During the time I was Dr. Finan's patient, I was very satisfied. At first I didn't understand Dr's attitude or his character and didn't quite know how to take him. But then I started understanding and I really appreciated his bedside manner so to speak. He is caring and he is dedicated to providing the best care for his patients. I would like the opportunity to tell him that I finally quit smoking! He was always after me to quit. It has been 3 1/2 years now, cold turkey method, and you couldn't pay me enough to start back. I am so proud of myself, and even though I was no longer his patient, I still remember him telling me that I should quit, and why. He challenged me. He also challenged me to know my medications. I mean, to actually know their names, and what they were taken for. I not only know all my medications by name and what they are for, but how to spell them. I am really proud of myself for the effort I took and the accomplishments I have achieved and I feel that Dr. Finan deserves most of the credit. I doubt he remembers me, Cathy Kline, but he may remember me, by the fact I lived in Lorain, Ohio, close to Sandusky, where he originally lived. He also may remember me by the book I had given him about airplanes or something about airplanes, as I had gotten it at a yard sale and gave to him as he had told me of his interest in planes. Who knows if and when the opportunity arises, I will be trying to go to him as my PCP again, for sure. Thanks for allowing me to express much belated appreciation to Dr. Finan. Dr. Finan was, and still is, the best doctor I ever had. I always wanted to explain my decision to leave him as my PCP. There was another Dr. in the same building that I went to, and they had a confrontation with me, in the waiting area, at the window, over an exorbitant amount on a past due bill I owed them. And I left and found another PCP, as I didn't want any more confrontations with them.

|  one of the last of his "kind"! great, and loves what he does, and it shows  |  show details
by patient on Apr 15th, 2011

Dr. Finan, is one of the Only dr.s ive ever seen that actually sits and "looks" at you and speaks to u not at u, and u actualy feel he cares about u and ur wellbeing! hope he stays in jacksonville til he retires! great man and even better doc> lucky pratice to have him!