A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Fintel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Fintel, Medical Oncologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fintel
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fintel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Fintel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Medical Genetics
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fintel graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Fintel has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William A Fintel MD is a male Internist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Hematology & Oncology.
- Where does Dr. William A. Fintel practice?
- Dr. William Fintel has 1 office location.
Dr. William Fintel practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Hematology & Oncology near Salem, VA.
See Salem Internists and Salem Oncologists.