Dr. William Fuller MD Patient Reviews

• Bariatric Medicine La Jolla, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2016
Dr. Fuller is excellent. He performed surgery on me and was extremely competent, personable and attentive to questions and concerns: overall he is very well rounded in all aspects. The nursing and hospital staff also spoke extremely highly of him in regards to how he treats them as well as his excellence as a surgeon.

September 12th, 2015
Dr. Fuller is simply the best!
Dr Fuller is an excellent surgeon and one of the BEST doctors I have ever seen! I am a 52 year-old woman, approximately 75 lbs. over weight, and Dr. Fuller performed a gastric sleeve procedure. I am thrilled with the results. Prior to surgery, I had many concerns regarding this procedure, as it is relatively new and not sure that surgery was the right option for me. As a cancer survivor, I have had surgery and extensive radiation to my abdomen area which raised my concern. Dr Fuller was patient and thorough answering all of my many question. He acknowledged my concerns and when he could see I was not "getting it" he showed me a video of the procedure and was willing to meet with me again before I made a decision. He put me at ease and his approach was consultative rather than dictatorial. His thoroughness continued during my post operative appointments. I am 10 months out from my surgery and am 100% happy with the outcome. If you are considering this type of treatment, I highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Fuller, you've changed my life!

June 15th, 2015
Not the greatest beside manner
Found his bedside manner to be lacking. Wasnt too informative about my follow up from surgery in fact he seemed annoyed and distant. I felt like out was only about the money and another mark on his list for surgeries completed. I used him for general surgery maybe he takes better care of his gastric patients but I wouldn't know his work other than the general surgery as this is what was performed on me. I felt like a number not a patient not happy with Scripps at all. I understand the frustrations surgeons deal with but have some compassion towards your patients. We are more than a number, body, and health problem.

May 21st, 2017