Dr. William Garrity DO Patient Reviews

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Suffield, CT

• Good
  • Bad

October 20th, 2016
Worse doctor ever for waiting. The staff schedule appts knowing full well that he does not show up until over an hour later. Dont schedule if u know he wont be there. Also he left room full of patients to go out and walk his dog. Leave the dog st home no place for animals. Unacceptable. Patients time is valuable too

October 3rd, 2016
Worst doctor as far as waiting time. Made appt for 10am. He did not show up until 11:30. Same thing following week. Our time is caluable also. If ur not going to be in on time dont make patients wait. Will not come back and would not recommend

May 31st, 2016
Very long wait...always. Bring something to do. So far waiting 45 minutes and he has not arrived at the office. Worth the wait... Outstanding Doctor - but please don't leave me in the outer waiting room listening to your staff telling people you are not in. Please schedule patients for a time when you are actually in the office..

May 21st, 2016
Ďr garrity,saved my life have benn seeing cardilogist for 10 months who had been taking a ekg every month dr garrity did an ekg and saw something called cardilogist said i needed more test he argue with him finally more test were taken and found left side of heart was 99 % blocked called widow maker had bypass sugery ì am fine now

January 20th, 2016
Wait time unacceptable.
Could be a great place. Dr. Is good, but always a lot of patients in lobby complaining about the extremely long wait time. Poor schedule management. New Pt Appt should have longer appt.times scheduled Vs. Follow-up Appt's. Patients time is just as valuable as the Doctors.

December 24th, 2015
Has Wholistic manner, helps you heal yourself, very thorough!
Excellent doctor... He spends adequate time with you, he listens and he just doesn't prescribe unless proper testing is done and the problem is properly diagnosed. He considers your health in a wholistic manner and helps you heal yourself.

August 5th, 2015
The first time I went I waited for a very long time. I heard him addressing the issue with his staff so I figured it was a fluke. When I went back a couple of weeks later the office felt like a meat locker. After 30 minutes of waiting I heard one of the staff members advise a patient the Dr wasn't in yet. I got up and asked if it was true that he wasn't even there yet & I was told it was. I cannot believe they would book you knowing that he would not be there. I find that rude and non caring. I have several serious issues and it takes a lot of effort to go to the Dr so sitting there when he's not even there? He should not be in business.

February 6th, 2014
Health & Wellness Coach
Dr. Garrity is incredible, absolutely amazing! In 25 yrs I have never met an MD who lives by "DO NO HARM" and "LET FOOD BE THY MEDICINE". His office reflects the inner peace he emits. When Dr. Garrity approaches a patient, he is seemingly in deep thought with innate intuitiveness in his art. (although kind and gentle, don't expect to make a fuzzy new friend, let him do his thing and appreciate it!) He asks questions almost non-stop, extrapolating in consciousness to a process of resolution for your health concerns. Yes, you may have a long wait, but don't lose your cool... Take a deep breathe, enjoy the atmosphere. Dr. Garrity is "no cookie cutter" doctor... Touting proper food and nutrition, fresh air and exercise. He will lead you to longevity through proper education for your health and welfare, and it will ultimately be your choice to "do good health". I highly respect Dr. Garrity's manner of authenticity. He's definitely not powdering your nose. Ohhh so blessed we met him.

June 13th, 2012
Nice Dr. but too many follow up visits
Dr. Garrity is a nice medical doctor but I believe that he requires too many follow up visits too close together for just about every medical problem.

September 24th, 2011
Thoughtful
I transfered to Dr. Garrity's practice as my primary care because one of my work colleagues told me how good a family doctor he is. I found Dr. Garrity took the time to listen carefully to what I was saying. After giving me the best physical exam I've had he asked more questions but didn't scare me when he ordered some blood work and x-rays to sort out what was bothering me. He asked me to bring a copy of the x-rays back so that he could review them personally and also explain them to me so I would know what I was dealing with. That was thoughtful too. Yes what others say he is a very smart doctor is true but what I would like to add is he thinks things through and is thoughtful of me as an individual. I recommend Dr. Garrity highly. Thank you Dr. Garrity for seeing me and helping me get back on my feet.

August 2nd, 2011
Wow
I am a returning patient to Dr. Garrity. After trying someone else, I realized how lucky I was to find him in the first place. He found the cause of my tiredness and it wasn't thyroid. It was anemia, a blood condition which can be caused by many reasons. I will be going for a colonoscopy because he believes I may be losing blood from my colon. I have had polyps in the past. By asking the right questions, examining me, running blood tests and filing out a diet diary he gave me I am hopeful. I was so tired and the other doctors thought I was just depressed. Believe me I thought I was becoming depressed because no one was helping me. I am diabetic too and admit I like my sweets. Anyway he has helped me alot. I have cut down on sweets and actually lost some weight too. I now bring my mother to see him. She loves him too. His staff were welcoming and made her feel like she was at home. I won't leave his practice again. He works late hours and takes his own calls instead of just having an answering service which is convenient for me especially. I would recommend Dr. Garrity to anyone who wishes to find a doctor who is easily accessible, caring and an excellent diagnostician. New members of his staff are very very pleasant also.

August 2nd, 2011
waiting too long
Dr Garrity is an excellent diagnostician, however his tends not to spend very much time with his patients. His staff is extremely rude and uncaring. The wait time in the waiting room is over an hour and then another lengthy time in the exam room. You can hear everything going on in the next room. Overall, Dr. Garrity helped me, but don't feel it was worth all the stress and wait time.