Dr. William Goldie MD Patient Reviews

• Child Neurology Ventura, CA

3.6

October 24th, 2015
Does NOT believe in Learning Disorders
I credit this "doctor" with years of misery and sadness for my son. 13 years ago, when my son was 2, and was beyond abnormal in lack of speech, violent tantrums, confusion, clumsiness, and head banging, I looked for help and guidance from my doctor who sent me to Dr. Goldie. He was very stiff and rude, when I cried as I tried to explain some of his symptoms, he told be to be quiet and let him observe. He threw a ball at my son and shoved him to test reflexes and that was about it. He told me he has clumsy child syndrome and cocktail party syndrome. That he would grow out of it. I trusted the "diagnosis" . I waited another year. Nothing got better, was sent back, same diagnosis. Put my son in school and he failed miserably. He became depressed because he thought he was stupid. Finally saw a new medical group and they immediately had him tested and found he had audio integration disorder coupled with ADD, so basically he has dyslexia for the ears. He hears but his brain processes words backwards. We got a 504 plan for school, and guidance for working with him, and things are not perfect but so much better. Never ever trust Dr. Goldie. He literally told me that learning disorders do not exist. Of you are seeing him for a suspected behavioral or learning disorder, DISREGARD him, and push with your doctor for a diagnosis outside his recommendations or get a new doctors office.

June 14th, 2013
He's brilliant
After going to many Drs to find out what was wrong with my daughter, he diagnosed her on the spot, he tells it like it is and knows his stuff. I'm a tough mom and can take any news, he doesn't beat around the bush. If your looking for a Dr to hold your hand and stand their holding a tissue for you than he's not your Dr, If he was so bad like some of these reviews than why do other neurologists from the state ask Dr Goldie to read their charts for them? Why? Because he's THE BEST and knows his craft better than most. He will always be my daughters favorite Dr.

July 4th, 2012
worse doctor i have ever met.
I took my 7 month old son to see Dr. Goldie. He was rough with my son and even made him cry, and my son rarely ever cried. He said there was nothing wrong with my son and the he was normal.I went and got a second opinion and that dr diagnosised him with PVL ( holes in the gery matter of the brain).

May 31st, 2012
Should lose his medical license
The worst doctor I've ever come across before. My child had 4 previous evaluations for Autism by licensed medical professionals and ALL found her to be on the spectrum. She also has a g-tube for a rare GI issue that required a restrictive diet. When we saw Goldie his exact words were, "stop starving your child and let her eat what she wants. You cannot continue to keep her locked up in a closet forever!" He also claimed there was absolutely nothing wrong with her developmentally, even though she was 3 years old and didn't talk, but babbled and used aggression to communicate! Her GI was disgusted at his report and begged me not to listen and to continue the elemental formula, so she could start putting weight on. The pediatrician profusely apologized for making the referral to Goldie. I would never recommend this doctor and personally believe he should have his medical license revoked!

June 17th, 2009
Unsafe Physician......
The most incompetent staff and ethic of any physician and facility we have ever experienced. They stopped my child's medication for anti seizures which they put him back on with depatkote after they weaned him off of it and he went through withdrawls and they said to stick it out. Then they put him back on it and now they let him relapse after 6 days and he had withdrawls and had a seizure on the 7th day with his mother. You do not shut a patient down without communication and notification, it is like taking a diebetic off of insulin. My son had a seizure due to this unethical behavior and don't entrust your child with him or his staff. I am not the only one with the bad experience with this doctor.

December 22nd, 2008
Extremely knowledgeable
I have been seeing Dr. Goldie for refractory epilepsy for more than 10 years. First and foremost, I will warn you that you have to wait for him and that he can be very blunt. If you want a doctor who will try to sugarcoat a diagnosis, don't bother seeing Dr. Goldie. But really, is there any way to soften the news that you or your child cannot be completely cured, or may even die? As for the wait, that is due to the fact that he will take as long as necessary to examine and explain things to you. The thing I like most is Dr. Goldie's emphasis on quality of life for his patients. Could he prescribe medication that would completely eliminate my seizures? Sure, but that much would turn me into a zombie. I would rather balance seizures and the side effects of medication so that I can live as full a life as possible. He also firmly believes that the patient should be involved in their treatment decisions as much as possible and age-appropriate. I'll end by saying that Dr. Goldie does not give up. Even after all the years I've been seeing him, he doesn't just do maintenance. He still looks for ways to make my treatment better. I believe that one reason he is so brusque is because he cares so deeply about his patients.In summary: I highly recommend Dr. Goldie as long as you can handle his brusque bedside manner. Older children and teenagers will probably be able to handle him better and appreciate the fact that he explains things and gives them a say in their treatment; if you have a very young child, you might want to try a different doctor first. If your stubborn teenager just isn't listening to your current neurologist, try Dr. Goldie. He got through to me, and I was a scared, angry, depressed 14 year old who thought I was smarter than darn near everyone else!