Dr. William Gradishar Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. William Gradishar?

Posted on April 28th, 2016

As a breast cancer survivor, a less than 5 minute first time establish appointment is not appropriate!

Posted on November 21st, 2015

Worst appointment ever. He was rude, obviously annoyed, rough while examining me, and made me feel I was wasting his valuable time. " oh, just a few aches and pains?" More like pain that keeps me awake half the night, has me crying, nauseated, etc..... Think he would check a calcium level or order a bone scan? No........... I'm not going back. Time for a new oncologist. Bye bye Northwestern.

No Thanks

Posted on September 4th, 2015

So happy I left my care at Northwestern and have been under care at University of Chicago. My first meeting with Dr. Gradishar, first he wanted to know why I was seeing him, second he told me I won't survive. Enough said.

The Worst

Posted on December 18th, 2014

Dr. Gradishar did not do thorough or adequate tests during her periodic visits, like a bone scan, which would have revealed that my Mother's cancer had returned, and metasticized to her spine. She died from complications of her cancer, not before suffering terribly.

Dr Gradishar and "my mistake"

Posted on December 16th, 2014

I thought he was great...I was wrong! I thought he was a cut above the rest...I was wrong! I thought he would take care of my cancer needs...Boy was I mistaken!! He is rude abrupt and I am sorry I had him as my oncologist....Hopefully , I will never see him again!!!!!!!!!!

Good Doctor, Terrible Bedside Manner

Posted on March 29th, 2014

You know how you always picture people with cancer being treated nicely at their oncology office? How everyone is kind and patient because they feel bad that you have cancer and a million side effects from meds? Yeah, don't expect that here. I never expected anyone to hold my hand or anything, but maybe treating patients like they're not cattle being herded would be a nice gesture. Dr. Gradishar is highly educated but lacks very good communication skills. Once I asked him how a med he was putting me on works and he said "oh, it's a medication that treats breast cancer." I resisted the urge to thank captain obvious and just went home and googled it. I'm sure he knows what he's doing considering I've been alive with advanced cancer for this long. However I've learned after almost 4 years of seeing him that he is not concerned with my quality of life. I'm grateful he treats based off my scans but I don't even bother telling him about med side effects or pain issues anymore because they will be blatantly ignored. My favorite was the time I complained about my chest hurting to him and like 3 nurses at the office. No one actually acknowledged it, just kind of pretended I didn't say anything. Turned out to be a pulmonary embolism, no big deal though. To be honest, I probably shouldn't have inconvenienced them with my trying to die anyways. There's also been a few times where he's left with forgetting to see me. It's cool though, I wasn't doing anything with the limited time I have left. I don't mind waiting 2-3 hours and not seeing the doctor. Honestly, anymore I just request a visit with the nurse practitioner, she's the only nice one there. The rest of his staff is just as rude. The MA's at his office look like the most depressed people ever. They never speak to you, just take your vitals while looking at you with their dead eyes. And the port draw nurse? Don't even get me started on her. Recently I got put on a new med and she spent the entire time complaining to me about how long my meds take to give and now she has to give another that's really time consuming and she's too busy already. Really? My cancer meds are inconveniencing you? I thought about filing a complaint about her but last time I was there she told me about how she had to cancel her cable because the government was using it to spy on her and I just figured she's dealing with enough in her life. I could switch doctors, but honestly I just don't really care anymore and it just seems like too much work.To sum this up. If you really enjoy being treated like you are an inconvience, are ok with subpar care and definatley don't want

I am grateful that Gradishar is my oncologist

Posted on January 21st, 2014

I became Dr Gradishar's patient in 2007 after receiving traditional care (surgery, chemotherapy, RT) at another famous hospital. I like the care I receive from Gradishar. He does not over prescribe or order unnecessary tests. Face it - breast cancer (actually any cancer) can be a money maker for a medical provider. Unlike other oncologists, Gradishar does not provide cookie cutter cancer care and run up bills. I feel *safe* with Gradishar as my oncologist. He gives me the confidence to face the cancer and stay strong. I have no problem being seen by a NP for routine appointments. It is appropriate and cost effective. I have always received return emails or calls from Gradishar and his NP. In sum, I appreciate that Gradishar does not waste time holding my hand and feigning concern like other oncologist. He just gets the job done.

Finished

Posted on September 23rd, 2013

This is the second time I have left the office without being seen by Dr. Gradishar after waiting for an hour after the appointment time.. There was travel time and cab fare to and from, as well as arriving early to fill out any paperwork in addition to the hour wait for him. I need my job and need to minimize the time for all the doctor's visits.

He is a Reseacher Not a Clinician

Posted on May 6th, 2013

Dr Gradishar refused to return phone calls from consulting physicians, and typically runs steadily 1 hour or more late for a 5 min appointment. While his nurse is quite attentive to symptoms and management, Dr Gradishar will not return patient calls or see a patient on short notice when necessary (we are dealing with cancer). When our family member was at the terminal stage, he gave all her appointments to the nurse, disappearing from any care or even saying goodbye. Dreadful patient care.

Posted on April 5th, 2012

According to previous comments this Dr. Is wonderful. Unfortunately I must have encountered him on a very bad day. He was rude and insensitive and fortunately for all, his fellow took over the communication for him. Not happy with him at all!

Amazing physician

Posted on March 8th, 2012

Great physician, incredible staff. He is only doc that made me feel confident to face cancer.

Warning: you will fall in love with Dr Gradishar!

Posted on October 17th, 2011

whatever the image in your mind of an excellent doctor is (knowledge, care,..etc.) Dr Gradishar will exceed it. I have learned to follow what he recommends in blind faith and I'm never disappointed.