Dr. William Grainger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 3rd, 2016
I have seen Grainger for over 20 years for Multiple Sclerosis, I will tell you that I used to fly in from out of state for a time in order to do so. He's talented, insightful, patient, compassionate and

March 13th, 2016
Slow down doc
Not much time spent with my mother. Get'em in get'em out kinda visit.

January 12th, 2016
Migraine Review
I was not impressed with how he handled my case. He seemed uninterested to what I had to say. I tried to tell him about my past with migraines and it didn't seem to matter. I knew I was having a migraine but since I had not had one in a long time he wanted to rule out other things before he gave me anything for a migraine. To me that was just weird. I knew I was having a migraine so why not just prescribe me a migraine medication? I went to ER and of course they took care of me, but hundreds of dollars later. And wouldn't you know it, I had a migraine. Thanks for nothing. He needs to stick to MS because no one there has anything negative to say. If you want to be treated for ANY type of migraine don't come here.

April 14th, 2015
current patient
I have been under Dr. Grainger's care for about 19 years. He has helped guide me though all of my difficulties with MS. I completely trust his judgement, he listens to me while we are discussing treatment options, since due to my personal reactions to several different treatments, we keep searching for the best one.

March 16th, 2014
Only Neurologist that know bands in spinal do not always appear
After 11 years of having all the affects of MS and other Doctors putting me thru all the test a number of times, then as soon as the CNS came back saying is was not MS, Dr. Grainger looked me in the eye and said "you do not have polyneuropathy". He then described my condition and what I was feeling, then told me that in 2011 they discovered that band in the CNS does not always show in people with MS 10% to 15% of the people. Had an appoint with my neurologist in Bullhead City, 4 hours away from Dr. Grainger, she did not know this. He was GREAT because he listened with an open mind.

December 8th, 2013
MS expert
Dr. Grainger is the best MS specialist in AZ! He treats more MS patients in a month than many neurologists do in a career. He is current on research and great at explaining intricacies related to MS, meds, symptoms, etc. I drive 3.5 hrs to see him quarterly. totally worth it!

September 12th, 2012
Only specializes in ms, general neurology doesn't seem to be his thing. I gave him my symptoms, he only wanted the "top 3", when there were many that were new and not normal for me, refused to listen to anymore than 3 symptoms. How on earth are you going to be able to get an accurate diagnosis off 3 symptoms when you're experiencing like 20? When ever I would ask a question, he would deflect or quickly answer no before I could finish. Worst of all, he submitted inaccurate info in his notes that were submitted to my insurance causing my disability to be denied. So, because I didn't have MS, he didn't want to deal with me and did what ever he could to shut me up and scoot me out the door...

June 14th, 2012
No Bedside Manner, Dismissive
After losing 75% of my hair, probably due to the new medicine that was prescribed to me, Dr. Grainger shrugged, and said, "Well, it could be a side effect of the medicine. Go see a dermatologist, it's not my specialty." When I voiced my concerns about staying on the medicine, which made me lose my hair, he said I had nothing to worry about. That the medicine had no bad side effects. WHAT? What about me and my bald head? I will not be going back.