Dr. William Gromko MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 8th, 2016
Doctor and staff are dedicated, prompt to reply to requests and very respectful of privacy. It is so admirable and reassuring that they always return our phone calls promptly and display genuine concern for their patients.

January 26th, 2015
I`m 64 and he`s the best Dr. I`ve ever seen.

February 25th, 2013
Run from this office!
Dr. Gromko is nearing retirement and has decided to change his office policies. He is unwilling to refill a prescription unless you visit his office and pay for this visit, *every three months*. His front office woman is beyond rude and treats patients like she is doing them a favor to talk to them. Same goes for his nurse. I am a long term patient and was floored when Dr. Gromko had his nurse call me and tell me he no longer would see me, only because I was unhappy about having to come in twice in one week to see him, because I had two different medical issues (he would not discuss both issues in one appointment). I beg you to find a different doctor. His office is rude and they are only out to make as much money as possible.

January 19th, 2013
Heed the warnings below and RUN
If I wrote this review 5 years ago I would've said the same thing as those who left 5 stars! Wonderful, Funny Doctor with incompetent nurse. I still would've left 5 stars. That is, until he gave me the wrong dose for a prescription I had been taking for 2 years. All I did is call to have them fix it and I couldn't talk to him directly. His nurse would relay the message while I was on the phone and he would respond. Yet, she wouldn't listen and repeat what I was saying!!! I was like "No, don't say that, please tell him exactly what I'm saying because you're creating a misunderstanding! It's the wrong dose, I don't care that he made a mistake, I'm not upset, I'm just wanting it fixed so I can pick it up. No big deal." She relayed it as, "She says you were wrong...uh huh...ya....she wants it now. Today." IDIOT!!! Absolute idiot! Then she said I needed an appt. What?! Why? So he can get $140 to see he made a mistake on the dose? I just SAW HIM!! I have 2 years of pharmacy records you can request! You have 2 years of records in the file!! Just FIX IT!!!! Nope. Couldn't do it. Instead they sent a letter saying to find a new doctor and treated me like a drug addict. After all those years of being a loyal patient and recommending him to others...unbelievable. It's all 5 stars until he makes a mistake guys. It's your health. Heed the warnings...

August 31st, 2012
My husband and I have been going to Dr Gromko for a few years now. We've finally had enough of his rude staff and will not be returning. It's a shame because the doctor himself is wonderful. Many times we've deal with his staff and wonder to ourselves why he chooses people like that to represent his office. It's flabbergasting. The lastest problem we've encountered was trying to get life insurance. The life insurance company has been requesting our medical records for almost 2 months now. I've tried calling the office multiple times, each time I'm met with hostility and my records have yet to be sent. I last spoke to the receptionist and the records clerk over a week ago who told me it would be done 'tomorrow' before hanging up on me. His nurse is just as rude and will go against what the doctor has requested for his patients. Every time I need a refill on my prescription, she wont honor the fax request from the pharmacy and I have to spend $100 for the office visit to walk in and request a fill in person with the doctor. I literally have to pay to sidestep his nurse. It's incredible and we will no longer be patients at his office. We are still trying to get our medical records to the life insurance company 2 months later with no avail. We are contacting the AMA after the weekend to report this office. It's a violation of the patients bill of rights and HIPAA. It's a shame they choose to treat paying customers this way.

April 30th, 2012
Priceless Bedside Manner
I have been a patient of Dr. Gromko for many years. He has a great bedside manner and is always helpful and positive.

December 6th, 2011
Office staff is the worst I have experienced
Dr. Gromko is a good doctor, however his office staff is rude, unreasonable and arrogant. I called four days before a scheduled appointment and said I couldn't wait and needed to be seen ASAP. They accommodated my request but since I didn't "cancel" my appointment I was considered a no-show when my original appointment arrived. They do not call the day before or try to track you down in the first 10 minutes of a no-show (like my dentist does). Instead they send you a $50 bill for not arriving at an appointment and a $5 late fee because I didn't pay after the first notice. The office staff wouldn't budge even after going into the office in person to discuss this matter with them. It was my fault and either I pay the late fee or be sent to collection. That is the last dime they will ever receive from me and I hope that you heed this warning and stay away from Dr. Gromko unless you have extra money you like to give to physicians for no services rendered.

July 30th, 2011
Not very professional
Doesn't like to work with workmans comp. After working with him for a while, I made an appt, then was notified by mail that he would no longer treat me. He didn't even have the grace to call and tell me this, so that I could possibly find another doctor prior to the weekend. It is not like I visit him every week, once every 5-8 months and that is too hard for him? His nurse is incompetent and screws up the most routine requests. She won't listen and thus, makes mistakes.

May 26th, 2011
Professional caring physician
In my pre-retirement professional career I met and worked for more than ten years, with over 200 local area physicians in multiple specialties as well as many Family Practice physicians. When selecting a physician for myself I mentally assessed all the local Drs many excellent, some good a few rushed and over busy. I watched to see the amount of time the Dr, PA or NP spent with the patients and the average patients satisfaction or lack of same. Did they leave puzzled or unhappy, was anyone rude? How comfortable was the waiting area, and while this might seem trivial, many local offices are cramped and or shabby, some outright dirty. In the years I met with area Drs I was often asked for recommendations to area Drs nd specialists. Out of all the Family Practice Drs in Lacy/Olympia I thought of only five out of the approximately 100 Drs as being first rate I mentally rated them as efficient, professional, and courteous with a nice personality. Clinic Staff is very important and Annette (Dr Gromkos nurse) always follows up on my Rx requests and test results. I do wish The staff would call and remind me of appts as almost all other offices do. Heidi billing) and Dawn (reception) do a nice job and are personable and very competent. All in all I have known Dr Gromko many years and found him capable and comprehensive. I recommend him to those who ask and leave my medical well-being in his hands.

December 27th, 2010
Would give zero stars if I could
While waiting for my appointment, I heard the doctor yelling at one of his staff. He was unprofessional and rude. After explaining that I needed help with migraines and insomnia, he said he would write me an Rx for Vicodin (something I did not ask for or want) and then he accused me of drug-seeking, which was slanderous. I am a grown woman and I do not abuse narcotics. It was a surreal experience; he seemed unstable to me. Save yourself a considerable amount of grief and seek help elsewhere.

September 20th, 2010
See at your own risk
Mis-diagnosed me for years ultimately resulting in nerve damage and surgery to correct.When I stood up for myself, I ended up receiving a letter from him telling me to find another doctor.He refuses to comply with requests from AFLAC for diagnosis codes which prevents me from being compensated.RUN AWAY...FAST! Fins another doctor. You'll be happier and probably live longer.

July 20th, 2010
Stay away from this office
This doc can't get any patients, so the only way to make money for him is to make false "say hi to him" appt, that he is charging $140 for. No, not a physical, no, not covered by insurance. You have to pay to become his patient. This logic just does not work for me, and the staff is really rude and abnoxious. As for his medical expertise: my husband 32 years old was told not to come for a physical untill his is 40! Not a cholesterol check, not a single test. I guess this superman has an x-ray vision and he just sees through you LOL.