A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Shapiro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Shapiro, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Astrocytoma)
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Oligodendroglioma)
- Brain Cancer (Supratentorial Neoplasm)
- Brain Disorder
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Spinal Cord Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of California at San Francisco. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Joseph's Hospital
- CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center
- St Joseph`s Hospital & Medical Center - Phoenix
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 18 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William R. Shapiro practice?
Dr. William Shapiro practices Neurology near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Neurologists.