Family Physicians

Kenmore Mercy Hospital
4080 Delaware Ave
Tonawanda, NY 14150
716-875-7399
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Caring Doctor Interested in Alternative Therapies  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

I love Dr. Stephan. In the last 5 years he has helped me manage the symptoms of a complex, incurable auto-immune disease. He will just as easily recommend vitamins & supplements or acupuncture as he would write a prescription for drugs if he thinks it will help. He listens and is willing to help you try anything if you've done your homework and can provide good rationale. There is a reason this doctor doesn't accept new patients; he's that busy.

|  Excellence in Medical Care  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

I am a patient of Dr. Bill Stephan for 15 years. From the very first time he treated me, I was given full opportunity to explain my problem and then appropriately diagnosed and treated. I read in an article from The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association that one of their studies revealed physicians typically wait only 23 seconds after a patient begins describing their chief complaint before interrupting and redirecting the discussion. This interrupting can lead to later concerns because of missed opportunities to gather important data. Dr. Stephan is clearly not this type of doctor. As I personally like the man and talking with him the temptation to chat about unrelated matters is there. He is good natured and has entertained me chatting and I enjoy it. I take pains now to avoid the chat realizing there are other patients waiting. Dr. Bill Stephan is one of those rare few of us who has found his true calling. He takes care of sick people. I want this doctor taking care of my family and me.

|  show details
Dec 3rd, 2010

Does a great job

|  Wonderful Doctor ~ Wonderful Person  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

Dr. Stephan has been my doctor for about 16 years. I have had myriad health problems and he is the only doctor I've ever found who's been willing to take the time necessary to listen to me and figure out what's wrong and how best to treat me. Dr. Stephan isn't an arrogant know-it-all. He actually appreciates patients who know about their own condition and welcomes any information they can bring him. That's why he knows so much; he's open to new information and never stops learning. Dr. Stephan also knows all about nutrition and realizes how necessary good nutrition is for good health (something most doctors know NOTHING about). He also knows about alternative treatments and when they're a better option than conventional medicine. And he's not afraid to say he doesn't know something and refer you to a specialist when necessary. Doctor Stephan is always kind, compassionate, and respectful. He's also brilliant, hard working, and totally dedicated to his patients. I don't know what I would ever do without him. He's truly one of a kind.