Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
This Doctor is AMAZING and CARING show details This Doctor is AMAZING and CARING
by The Witch on Apr 26th, 2016

I've been seeing this Doctor for about 6 months and I've had the best care and quality from him and his staff. He treats his patients with concern and professionalism. Added bonus, when I see the older folks light up when they are first getting there and catch him in the hallway. That right there is how I knew I found my doctor. I've never been to an office that the patients feel loved and special (those old ladies really adore him) before being to his office. Also, the exam rooms are nifty. I like the Harry Chapin room especially. The office is clean and all of the nurses and office people are stellar and have personalities. It's a busy office but Dr must be good to them, because they're cheerful and nice. They never act like you're bothering them if you ask a question and they don't look exhausted even if they are. Love this Doc and his nurses/staff.

by Don & Mary Posch on Jun 30th, 2015

Dr. Stephan is an outstanding doctor! He is so caring, compassionate and professional. He goes above and beyond in the care of his patients. My husband and I are blessed to have Dr. Stephan as our primary doctor.

great doctor and staff excellent show details great doctor and staff excellent
by Mary on Feb 12th, 2015

great doctor and staff always can get me in and geniunly concerned about well being and health.

Caring Doctor Interested in Alternative Therapies show details Caring Doctor Interested in Alternative Therapies
Jun 27th, 2012

I love Dr. Stephan. In the last 5 years he has helped me manage the symptoms of a complex, incurable auto-immune disease. He will just as easily recommend vitamins & supplements or acupuncture as he would write a prescription for drugs if he thinks it will help. He listens and is willing to help you try anything if you've done your homework and can provide good rationale. There is a reason this doctor doesn't accept new patients; he's that busy.

Excellence in Medical Care show details Excellence in Medical Care
Oct 24th, 2011

I am a patient of Dr. Bill Stephan for 15 years. From the very first time he treated me, I was given full opportunity to explain my problem and then appropriately diagnosed and treated. I read in an article from The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association that one of their studies revealed physicians typically wait only 23 seconds after a patient begins describing their chief complaint before interrupting and redirecting the discussion. This interrupting can lead to later concerns because of missed opportunities to gather important data. Dr. Stephan is clearly not this type of doctor. As I personally like the man and talking with him the temptation to chat about unrelated matters is there. He is good natured and has entertained me chatting and I enjoy it. I take pains now to avoid the chat realizing there are other patients waiting. Dr. Bill Stephan is one of those rare few of us who has found his true calling. He takes care of sick people. I want this doctor taking care of my family and me.

Dec 3rd, 2010

Does a great job

Wonderful Doctor ~ Wonderful Person show details Wonderful Doctor ~ Wonderful Person
Oct 25th, 2010

Dr. Stephan has been my doctor for about 16 years. I have had myriad health problems and he is the only doctor I've ever found who's been willing to take the time necessary to listen to me and figure out what's wrong and how best to treat me. Dr. Stephan isn't an arrogant know-it-all. He actually appreciates patients who know about their own condition and welcomes any information they can bring him. That's why he knows so much; he's open to new information and never stops learning. Dr. Stephan also knows all about nutrition and realizes how necessary good nutrition is for good health (something most doctors know NOTHING about). He also knows about alternative treatments and when they're a better option than conventional medicine. And he's not afraid to say he doesn't know something and refer you to a specialist when necessary. Doctor Stephan is always kind, compassionate, and respectful. He's also brilliant, hard working, and totally dedicated to his patients. I don't know what I would ever do without him. He's truly one of a kind.